270soft Forum

After Kerry 2012

In 2008 (Kerry's Re-election) Kerry still hadn't got the United States out of Iraq. For some reason when he promised again he would get us out of Iraq. Almost everyone believed him. Even some republicans. 3 democrats didn't, and those three ran against him. They are Geraldine Ferraro, Ed Rendell, and Richard Blumenthal. Kerry and Edwards narrowly beat Rick Perry and Condi Rice with the total of 270-Kerry/268-Perry. In March 2009 the United States left Iraq. Then on January 15, 2010 Vice-President John Edwards was shot and killed in Miami, Florida by the terrorist group Al Qaida (Sorry if I spelt it wrong). Kerry then brought us back into the War in Iraq using his executive power. His approval rating went from 87% to 49%. His woman approval went from 62% to 12%. In what was definetly a political move Hillary Clinton became the Vice-President of the United States.

Historians look back at Kerry's Presidency and say it was a complicated presidency.

The main problem in this scenario is the War.

This scenario leans republican.

Candidates

Democrats-

Hillary Clinton

Barack Obama

Dennis Kucinich

Republicans-

Bobby Jindal

Charlie Crist

Mark Sanford

Newt Gingrich

John Thune

Mike Pence

George Allen

I'm Considering the following:

Democrats-

Geraldine Ferraro

Republicans-

Condoleezza Rice

Mitch McConell

Rick Perry

Romney aswell?

Candidates

Democrats-

Hillary Clinton *

Geraldine Ferraro *

Barack Obama

Dennis Kucinich

Republicans-

Bobby Jindal*

Charlie Crist *

Mike Huckabee *

Mark Sanford *

Newt Gingrich

John Thune

Mike Pence

George Allen **

Independents-

None

I'm Considering the following:

Democrats-

Howard Dean

Republicans-

Condoleezza Rice

Mitch McConell

Rick Perry

Independents-

Ross Perot

*= Froontrunner

**=off by default

Both too old but at least a president has served at 76.

ferraro and clinton have a close battle

obama and kucinich aren't very popular (obama isn't popular because in this scenario he said that john kerry should not have brought us into the war again but the democratic party supports the war and he has said that john kerry was the wrost president in the history of the us and (kerry is popular among democrats) had to pay for this comment).

only clinton supports the war

republicans are a toss up

I'm sorry, but age issues aside it seems completely beyond the realm of possibility that Ferraro would even be running for president let alone be a front runner. The last time she held elected office was 1984, she ran for Senator twice but lost both times in the primaries. In this alternate reality was Ferraro VP? Was she elected Senator? Otherwise I just can't rap my head around a 38 year comeback.

I'm sorry, but age issues aside it seems completely beyond the realm of possibility that Ferraro would even be running for president let alone be a front runner. The last time she held elected office was 1984, she ran for Senator twice but lost both times in the primaries. In this alternate reality was Ferraro VP? Was she elected Senator? Otherwise I just can't rap my head around a 38 year comeback.

she became a rep. again, and was chairman of the deomcratic party

here is her description

Geraldine Ferraro is a Democratic politician and a former member of the United States House of Representatives. She now is Chairwoman of the Democratic Party. She has made friends with many republicans some are: John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Charlie Crist. This will probaly help in the election campaign.

their not helping in fact crsit is running against her

what i meant was they worked with her to get things passed when she was a rep. (which in this scenario she was re-elected in 1998 and served until 2006). And in 2006 when she became party chairwoman she talked with her friends about possibly a run in 2008. romney and mccain were for it while crist said he was running.

what i meant was they worked with her to get things passed when she was a rep. (which in this scenario she was re-elected in 1998 and served until 2006). And in 2006 when she became party chairwoman she talked with her friends about possibly a run in 2008. romney and mccain were for it while crist said he was running.

if clinton wins the republicans do better than if ferraro wins. if obama does good then clinton usually wins as he takes ferraro's votes. i will not be adding candidates. i think this scenario wil.l be done tuesday the 10th

Why no Warner. The demos need a centrist voice especially to pull moderates mad at Kerry

he would get only a couple of votes.

who thinks i should get rid of obama. He really is a spoiler and no democrats like him.

here are the demcorats (if they are one they do the best last is worst * = front runner)

wes clark*

hillary clinton*

dennis kucinich

barack obama

Dude, this scenario makes no sense. There are so many ways to make a plausible 2012 post-Kerry, and you pretty much went on a random tangent. In fact, once I'm done with 2008-post Gore, i'm gonna make a 2008 Kerry and a 2012 post-Kerry. This will take a little while, since my computer with Campaigns Forever is in the shop due to a broken screen. But I definately plan on making a plausible one.