270soft Forum

I've gotta to agree with you on this. Being a Kansas citizen, I could not ever see Kansas being a "leaning Dem." State. Also to mention, Kansas hasn't voted for a democratic president since the Democratic Landslide in 1964 (LBJ vs. Goldwater). Plus, Kansas hasn't voted a Democrat to the U.S. Senate since 1932 (which was in a special election due to the resignation of Charles Curtis who became Hoover's Vice President).

Different Subject: If your looking for Democratic Candidate, you could add KS Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. I'm expecting her to run for Senate in 2010 against Brownback's Republican Successor (He said he's not running again)

I was actually assuming Sebelius as Obama's anonymous Veep, which would be the reason Kansas would have leaned blue in the first place.

Nevertheless, I think that we'll go ahead and keep both KS and NE in the Red column.

Any suggestions as per new swing states, though?

I was actually assuming Sebelius as Obama's anonymous Veep, which would be the reason Kansas would have leaned blue in the first place.

Nevertheless, I think that we'll go ahead and keep both KS and NE in the Red column.

Any suggestions as per new swing states, though?

connecticut has been swinging republican lately obama easily will win it but reporters say that it could be a rep state by 2012 even

connecticut has been swinging republican lately obama easily will win it but reporters say that it could be a rep state by 2012 even

What reporters are saying this? Connecticut is not even close to being added to the GOP's column. It's congressional delegation went from having majority GOP control in 2004 (3 out of five seats) to majority Democrat control (4 out of 5 seats) in 2006 and the only remaining Republican congressman, Christoper Shays, won by less than 5,000 votes. The Democratic presidential candidate has won the state by an average of 15 points in the last three elections.

In a similar vein I doubt very much that Kansas is in play for Obama. If Edwards couldn't swing North Carolina for Kerry in 04 why would Sebilius swing Kansas for Obama? I also have my doubts about North Carolina. Virginia is in play though, no doubt about that.

What reporters are saying this? Connecticut is not even close to being added to the GOP's column. It's congressional delegation went from having majority GOP control in 2004 (3 out of five seats) to majority Democrat control (4 out of 5 seats) in 2006 and the only remaining Republican congressman, Christoper Shays, won by less than 5,000 votes. The Democratic presidential candidate has won the state by an average of 15 points in the last three elections.

In a similar vein I doubt very much that Kansas is in play for Obama. If Edwards couldn't swing North Carolina for Kerry in 04 why would Sebilius swing Kansas for Obama? I also have my doubts about North Carolina. Virginia is in play though, no doubt about that.

the local ones and the rep. gov. (jodi rell) has increased rep. popularity

A good deal of Rell's popularity is a result of the corruption scandal that forced the resignation of the previous governor. And a number of solidly Democratic states have or had popular Republican governors--California currently and New York and Massachusetts last election cycle. A Republican governor does not a red state make.

Tim Pawlenty

Mark Warner

Jeb Bush

Chelsea Clinton

Josh Romney

David Paterson

As for scenario's "accuracy", relax guys. It is a future scenario (look up definition) set 12 years from now. :wacko:

You are all free to make up your own 2020 scenarios to be played.