270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mz452

Vermont 2008

The 2008 Vermont Gubernatorial Election should be interesting. A popular GOP governor, Dem. Speaker, and a hugely popular progressive candidate. Someone should make this. I would, but I don't have a lot of time. For info, go to wikipedia or ourcampaigns.com

--Matty

I was working on this, but then my copy of Campaigns Forever wouldn't activate, and support never fixed the problem after I sent them a million emails. I may still try to flush it out by editing the text files, it'll just be a bitch to do.

EDIT:

I would LOVE any help I can get on this for the record, I have a map done, but I really need help with issues and the different positions for each of the issues. I know the candidates really well, and can assign their positions/percentages, I am just terrible at figuring out issues and how to break them up. Would love to have someone to collaborate with on this.

This is officially a project underway, so I thought I'd post updates.

Candidates:

DEMOCRATS

- Speaker of the House Gaye Symington

REPUBLICANS

- Governor Jim Douglas

PROGRESSIVES

- Anthony Pollina

Notes:

With these three candidates looking to be the only competition this summer, I am moving forward with just them in the game. That said, the game will/should start in the "primary" season, just so Anthony Pollina's huge time advantage in this campaign can at least give him in-game time to make up ground. Once complete, I can add in further things, like hypothetical candidates, and maybe even the stupid Marijuana Party.

Percentages:

Done, for the whole state. Slightly high undecided numbers, but I figure it is fair to make up for the large amount of True Vermont Independents. Republicans lead 12 counties, Democrats ahead in 2

Issues:

No work done, would like help here if available.

Endorsers:

Events:

Done issues (need to make icons), percentages solidified, just endorsers, events, and figuring out the money issues to deal with.

If people would like to play this upon it's completion, post e-mails and I'll send it out once I'm happy with it. Will still need feedback if people find errors, or if others have suggestions to improve it.

Just updating you guys, I"m working on figuring out what money metrics are realistic and work within the context of the game, once I get that under wraps, we should be good to go.

The game is going to be a big challenge for those playing as Pollina (I haven't come close), but with a bit of luck, I've seen him narrowly capture the popular vote while the electoral college got thrown up in the air (It'd be political suicide for the legislature to overturn the will of the people up here). I'm worried that I might not be giving Douglas the strength he deserves; while he's a lame duck governor, he's run incredible successful campaigns.

It's awesome to see the interest, I've been holding off from working on it because Pollina had scheduled a huge event downtown where it was contemplated that he might leave the race and run for Lt. Governor, but he is here to stay. I'm in the middle of exams, but I will be knocking this out bit by bit, and will have some version out in the next two weeks.

I'll have a go at it.

chandallah@netscape.net

BTW, is the Second Republic of Vermont Party at all significant in terms of support?

I live in Vermont and am closely following this race, so i'd be glad to help if needed.

And Patine, no, the party has very very little support.

Anyone still have this one?  If you could e-mail a copy to deliriumtremensmusic@yahoo.com I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, darkmoon72 said:

Anyone still have this one?  If you could e-mail a copy to deliriumtremensmusic@yahoo.com I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!

And I might have this one as well. I'll have a look for all three after work.