270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedStateProgressive

What election would you like to see done?

Hello there. You all might have noticed or might not have, I'm new here, but I've been playing President Forever for a good two months or so now. :)

Anyway, I'm thinking about doing a historical Presidential scenario, though I've hit a wall as to which one would be a good idea to do and which one people would actually like to play, so I was kind of hoping for answers as to what I should make here.

Right now, I'm thinking about the 1984 Election, because I'd love to beat Reagan into the dust with Mondale or Hart, but I'm also thinking about doing a 1940 scenario as well. Any other ideas are welcome, though.

My advice would be to go for either '72, '84, or '96. Anything historical (before 1972) brings you into all sorts of problems with the game engine because of the way conventions worked. Anything before 1972 can work, but it involves sacrificing historical accuracy for efficacy (welcome to Hollywood! :lol: ).

How about a 1980 scenario? It's similar to 1984 in that it's an uphill battle for the Democrats, but it has the added intrigue of the Kennedy-Carter fight and a fairly substantial (though nowhere near Perot level) third-party bid.

You dare to insult Reagen? D:<

Yeah, I'm very liberal, and not a Reagan fan in the least, so I'd just love to kick his butt all across the States. :P

As for your guys' suggestions, I'm considering '72 now as well (I'd love to play as George McGovern and own Nixon) as well as '96 (Clinton for a second term for the win~!).

Any more suggestions would be nice as well. I'm also considering trying my hand at some 'What-If' scenarios, such as if Kerry won in '04 and the like. So yeah, just anything pertaining to that would work as well.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm very liberal, and not a Reagan fan in the least, so I'd just love to kick his butt all across the States. :P

As for your guys' suggestions, I'm considering '72 now as well (I'd love to play as George McGovern and own Nixon) as well as '96 (Clinton for a second term for the win~!).

Any more suggestions would be nice as well. I'm also considering trying my hand at some 'What-If' scenarios, such as if Kerry won in '04 and the like. So yeah, just anything pertaining to that would work as well.

Thanks!

How bought what if Reagan stayed president until 2008 when he died and now we need to pick a successor.

• Upvote 1

Reagan died in 2004, but I like the general idea of the scenario. The coup in 1991 succeeds, hardliners oust Gorbachev and invade some Central American country, Reagan suspends the constitution...bum bum bum