270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CountArach

2008 Gold Version 3 Released!

Just a question. Did you make it so thay Paul won't withdraw even after there is a nominee and hes only got a handfull of delegates. It this even possible?

I didn't do it, but I do quite like the effect. I don't think it is possible to change.

I didn't do it, but I do quite like the effect. I don't think it is possible to change.

I like it too its more realistic. I find it funny how he would easily win the libertarian nomination and probably get the best result the parties ever seen but remains in the GOP race.

• Upvote 1

He is? I'm working on fixing those for the next release.

Ron Paul will be fixed for the next release.

Bob Barr will be in the next release, as will the other Greens candidates (Who don't really stand a chance of winning anyway...)

Is there somewhere to snag this?

I get this from the links....

"The quickkey you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire."

thewinoandiknow3@hotmail.com

Is there somewhere to snag this?

I get this from the links....

"The quickkey you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire."

thewinoandiknow3@hotmail.com

The download link still works fine for me, but you can try this new link:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1618069

So I tried editing this in Campaigns forever, and I get errors for all Democratic candidates saying:

Parties >> Democratic >> Leaders >> [insert candidate here] >> vice leader >> Reference not found: viceleader dennis_kucinich

And this for ALL Dem candidates.

Any way to fix this?

So I tried editing this in Campaigns forever, and I get errors for all Democratic candidates saying:

Parties >> Democratic >> Leaders >> [insert candidate here] >> vice leader >> Reference not found: viceleader dennis_kucinich

And this for ALL Dem candidates.

Any way to fix this?

Ya, remove denis kucinich as a vice leader for each candidate

Have you done anything to the relations between canditates in this? Romney should have low relations with Huck and Mccain due to the attack ads. Thompson ran attack ads on Huck. Hillary and Richardson should be low now (Bill is pissed).

• Upvote 1

Ya, remove denis kucinich as a vice leader for each candidate

Dennis Kucinich was never there to begin with

Also, what's the deal with no undecided voters? How is this compensated for? After all, primaries are famous for people not making up their minds until like the final week.

@ RooseveltTruman - That is most probably because I don't have Campaigns Forever and have done everything in the text files by hand. That leads to some errors when opened with Campaigns Forever I would imagine (as it is a bit more messy and there are many lines of code that are no longer needed).

@ VoteGOP - I've done *some relations, but not all.

@ RooseveltRuman (again :P ) - One of the problems with this game is that undecided voters will pick a random candidate and give them a last minute boost of about 20 points. Often this is a candidate who has no ability to actually win. By having no undecideds this is remedied to some degree. Further, the game automatically makes some voters undecided anyway every week.

I saw that you we're going to release Ver. 4 when the electability problem was fixed.

I'd like to bring up something, and am wondering if it will be included when I was talking about the issue centers that bothered me. I don't think any far-right or far-left can be justified within any state.

I love the scenario in any case, and can't wait for Ver. 4.

I saw that you we're going to release Ver. 4 when the electability problem was fixed.

I'd like to bring up something, and am wondering if it will be included when I was talking about the issue centers that bothered me. I don't think any far-right or far-left can be justified within any state.

I love the scenario in any case, and can't wait for Ver. 4.

Yep those will be fixed. I finish this semester of University this week, and it gives me a lot of time to go through these things. Plus the new patch feature has gotten me very motivated.

So what's with fundraising being turned off after the primaries?! This makes no sense. I was headed for a blowout with Obama, and after running some ads in MANY different states, was about to replenish my funds with the fundraising. But then, I find that I can't because it's turned off! So instead I go bankrupt in October and win 51%-48% over Mitt Romney. What's the deal with this? Why would you turn that feature off for post-primaries? That makes absolutely no sense and no election has ever had a general election campaign without fundraising.

So what's with fundraising being turned off after the primaries?! This makes no sense. I was headed for a blowout with Obama, and after running some ads in MANY different states, was about to replenish my funds with the fundraising. But then, I find that I can't because it's turned off! So instead I go bankrupt in October and win 51%-48% over Mitt Romney. What's the deal with this? Why would you turn that feature off for post-primaries? That makes absolutely no sense and no election has ever had a general election campaign without fundraising.

Actually from 1976 to 2004 (and McCain in 2008) there was no fund-raising in general elections, as candidates are given a block grant from the FEC and that is all they can spend.

You are allowed to opt out, as Obama did in 2008 and the next version of President Forever will allow for, but if you opt in you are not allowed to fund-raise (either legally in real life or in the game).

A note on Ralph Nader: The party convention for Nader should be set to 02/28 because that is the day he announced Matt Gonzalez as his running mate.

A note on Ralph Nader: The party convention for Nader should be set to 02/28 because that is the day he announced Matt Gonzalez as his running mate.

That will be fixed.