270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CountArach

2008 Gold Version 3 Released!

It seems that that theres a little too much emphasis on Wyomig on the GOP side. Alot of canditates campaign there and Romney who always wins get too much of a bounce from it.

• Upvote 1

@ Kauai - I might fix extreme ones like that for the next release, but in the future I would like to do them over again based on the Senators and Governor that have been elected from that state.

@ VoteGOP - I'll look into that as well, I have noticed it.

I should have the patch put together by mid this week - are there any other requests?

EDIT: Also, I just realised that the Constitution Party results are in from their nominating contest and Chuck Baldwin won. The full results are here for anyone who wants to peruse them:

http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/04/26/chuc...ential-nominee/

This might delay the patch for another day as I work on getting these numbers into the game.

Maybe include Keyes as an independent. He said hes considering it.

I thought about it, but I think having him in the Constitution Party makes their primary more interesting.

Can you make it so Hillary doesnt get pummeled when Obama wins Iowa?

I mean after Super Tuesday he usually has 20 momentum.

New Version - Gold 3.1

A new version of 2008 Gold Version 3 has been released for President Forever 2008 + Primaries! The patch fixes many major issues found in the previous version, including (but not limited to):

• All minor parties now have VP candidates
  • New numbers for Republicans and Democrats, the major ones being:

1. Huckabee stronger in Iowa and ROmney is weaker
  2. Clinton weaker in NH and Obama is stronger. The contest is usually very close, as it was
  3. Ron Paul rarely wins Nevada now (It is impossible to make him never win it)
  4. Huckabee is weaker in Michigan

• Comprehensive policy position changes for several candidates. I would like to change all of the candidates to get them more in line with their real positions for the next release.
  • Some changes to relationships

The new version can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v2szg9me0an

Damn! I thought I had fixed Ron Paul by stopping him from winning Nevada. Oh well, I guess I'll have him fixed for the next one...

Anyone else played it?

Damn! I thought I had fixed Ron Paul by stopping him from winning Nevada. Oh well, I guess I'll have him fixed for the next one...

Anyone else played it?

i got 5% as bloomberg

it was me obama and romney

Romney's still getting a sizeably bounce from Wyomig. Not as big but enough to give him the MO lead after IA NH and WY. He campaigns alot there (which may be good for Huck and Mccain). Paul also stole Ohio and Texas out of nowhere on mini tuesday.

• Upvote 1

Romney's still getting a sizeably bounce from Wyomig. Not as big but enough to give him the MO lead after IA NH and WY. He campaigns alot there (which may be good for Huck and Mccain). Paul also stole Ohio and Texas out of nowhere on mini tuesday.

It turns out that I can't do anything about the bump that Romney gets from Wyoming. It already gives him no extra momentum (That is why it is not in the newspaper). I suppose I might have to weaken him by a point or two everywhere else. I also have no control over the AI and where it campaigns.

Something TheorySpark should get off their ass and do something about. <_<

theory spark has really been lacking in everything i sent them my scenario at least 2 weeks ago and they haven't even replied.

why was wesley clark taken off. i play as him a lot

theory spark has really been lacking in everything i sent them my scenario at least 2 weeks ago and they haven't even replied.

why was wesley clark taken off. i play as him a lot

Because he never ran.

neither did gore or kerry

tom vilsack did run but he was taken off.

I will probably remove Gore and Kerry. That said, Kerry was running for a while, but never officially announced. Gore was put into polling numbers for a long time and was polling higher than Edwards (If I recall correctly).

I will probably remove Gore and Kerry. That said, Kerry was running for a while, but never officially announced. Gore was put into polling numbers for a long time and was polling higher than Edwards (If I recall correctly).

add vilsack he ran up until feb.?,2007

Maybe in the next version you could change the issues a little. The housing crisis and the gas tax holiday are both worthy. Homeland security and the war on terror are essentiallly the same.

• Upvote 1

I took Homeland Security to mean the domestic effects of the War on Terror. I will consider adding more platforms though, certainly the Housing crisis is worthy - though only a few candidates were around to comment on it. I guess its time to dive further into the voting records...

I'm still unhappy with the extremes. I don't think any extreme can be justified in either primary for any state.

Either way. I still love the scenario. And I will give feedback soon enough.

=]

I'm still unhappy with the extremes. I don't think any extreme can be justified in either primary for any state.

Either way. I still love the scenario. And I will give feedback soon enough.

=]

Yes I didn't fix the extreme ones because I'm going to redo them all for the 3.2 release. Hopefully only places like Vermont where there are very liberal senators and a liberal governor will get something like this - as it should be.

Just a question. Did you make it so thay Paul won't withdraw even after there is a nominee and hes only got a handfull of delegates. It this even possible?

• Upvote 1