270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CountArach

2008 Gold Version 3 Released!

Current Version - Gold 3.1

A new version of 2008 Gold Version 3 has been released for President Forever 2008 + Primaries! The patch fixes many major issues found in the previous version, including (but not limited to):

• All minor parties now have VP candidates
  • New numbers for Republicans and Democrats, the major ones being:

1. Huckabee stronger in Iowa and Romney is weaker
  2. Clinton weaker in NH and Obama is stronger. The contest is usually very close, as it was
  3. Ron Paul rarely wins Nevada now (It is impossible to make him never win it)
  4. Huckabee is weaker in Michigan

• Comprehensive policy position changes for several candidates. I would like to change all of the candidates to get them more in line with their real positions for the next release.
  • Some changes to relationships

The new version can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v2szg9me0an

If this link does not work, it can be downloaded here:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1618069

Simply unzip the files to your scenario folder.

If you wish to be added to the mailing list for this scenario, post your Email here.

Please feel free to post bug reports/suggestions/questions/praise.

Must say, I really like. The leader ratings are a lot better (If a bit harsh on the "integrity"), and the numbers are more interesting. Great work everyone involved.

Awesome stuff. I've been playing through it all day, and the only problem I've run into is McKinney not having a running mate, but other than that, it's all good. :)

Yes, the Greens were running into some real problems and I was unable to get them to work properly - this was sort of a fix. I will have to redo them. Did you use the other Minor Parties? If so, how did they do?

@ Logic Warrior - I'll look into it.

I did Wayne Root as a Libertarian and he didn't have a running mate either.

You really should add Bob Barr as LP candidate. He's most likely going be the nominee.

I did Wayne Root as a Libertarian and he didn't have a running mate either.

You really should add Bob Barr as LP candidate. He's most likely going be the nominee.

I'll fix the VPs for the next release.

Bob Barr only has an exploratory committee out and is a little bit behind in the polls. He also isn't getting the same amount of media attention that Wayne Root is.

Relations need to be updated. For example, Richardson and Dodd should be set to having very good relations to Obama so that they are more likely to endorse him.

Thought I'd inform you today I started a campaign as Alan Keyes. I'll report back when finished :D

Great to hear, I'm interested as to how that will pan out.

Two things noticed first time around. Clinton is too strong in NH and Huckabee shouldn't be far right on gay marriage.

And I think Hunter and Tancredo aren't conservative enough.

• Upvote 1

Two things noticed first time around. Clinton is too strong in NH and Huckabee shouldn't be far right on gay marriage.

And I think Hunter and Tancredo aren't conservative enough.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huckabee...lic_health_risk

That's why Huckabee is far-right.

I'll look into Tancredo, Hunter and NH.

That was in '92. No politician can say gays need to be treated for their conditition and expect to be a viable presidential canditate. Huckabee may personally believe that but theres no way he'd publically state that. Politicians change. Romney used to be pro life, Hillary supported NAFTA and Iraq. Tancredo and Hunter .

• Upvote 1

That was in '92. No politician can say gays need to be treated for their conditition and expect to be a viable presidential canditate. Huckabee may personally believe that but theres no way he'd publically state that. Politicians change. Romney used to be pro life, Hillary supported NAFTA and Iraq. Tancredo and Hunter .

He refused to take back his comments, hence he still believes it.

Yes but a platform is a politicaians ideas as they're presented to the public. Though Huckl may believe it personally he would never include that in his stance on gays.

• Upvote 1

I got that too when spacebarring as the greens. When I went to pick my VEEP it asked if I wanted to join a coalition with the dems. I said no and didn't get a veep at all.

• Upvote 1

I just noticed something.

In the South, you have the Republican bases on personal taxes on far-right.

Same with Democrats in Massachusetts being on far-left.

That's a highly unrealistic portrayal.