270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dude106

1804 election scenario

This will be my first one, so any help will be appreciated. This is the first election after the 12th amendment, allowing running mates officially.

Democratic Republicans

Thomas Jefferson(on)

George Clinton(on)

James Madison(off by default)

Federalists

Charles Pinckney(on)

Rufus King(on)

John Adams(off by default)

Issues are being completed now

I'm going to suggest some candidates

Democratic Republicans

Henry Clay

Samuel Smith

Nathaniel Macon

William Bibb

Daniel Tompkins

Federalists

John Quincy Adams

Josiah Quincy

Killian K. Van Rensselaer

like any other election. This is the first election that allowed for Running mates following the 12th amendment, unfortunately the whole primary process is different, so its going to be a lot of fabricated that part. Its going to be tough to stop Jefferson from winning since he is a popular incumbent

I'm going to make this a 1800 scenario, and just act as though the 12th amendment has passed, the 1800 scenario is a lot closer and competative

How will you simulate the time it took to go from place to place in 1800? Surely that radically affected campaigning.

How will you simulate the time it took to go from place to place in 1800? Surely that radically affected campaigning.

It wasn't as big as you make it sound. xD They could probably get from Boston to Atlanta in a day. At most it would only be a one-two day difference.

It wasn't as big as you make it sound. xD They could probably get from Boston to Atlanta in a day. At most it would only be a one-two day difference.

What about Maine to Georgia?

Virginia is put together with west virginia...Georgia is a regular state in 1800..i used the actual census numbers for population and voters(white freemen over the age of 21)

Do you plan to put Virgina together as well?

And what about Georgia, Sum1?

What I mean is that in the game you can go from place to place ina day, but surely it would have taken a long time to go to places that are far from one another such as Maine to Georgia.

Lower stamnia, even though it won't keep canidates from going to Maine and Georgia in a day, it should keep them from going from Maine, To georgia and backt o New York and then into Ohio. :P