270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Abe Lincoln

Super Delegates

I was thinking and this year the super delegates seem to be huge in the democratic primaries, so i was thinking that maybe you great people ar theory spark, or someone else, could make it so that there is a seprate political unit called "super delegates" and that the super delegates could have a primary the day before the convention or something like that.

I was thinking and this year the super delegates seem to be huge in the democratic primaries, so i was thinking that maybe you great people ar theory spark, or someone else, could make it so that there is a seprate political unit called "super delegates" and that the super delegates could have a primary the day before the convention or something like that.

That is something I hadn't considered before. That isn't a bad idea at all actually.

A minor problem is what about the general election? How would it disappear before the General Election?

I'm *pretty sure* it is possible to remove something from the General.

Really? Remember Clark/Bayh's 2008 scenario? He had primaries for Guam, Puerto Rico, voters abroad, etc but when you go into the general those guys are still there

Well, I edited my version so that Obama and Clinton were neck and neck, then I play as Edwards nabbing up delegates to simulate the Super Delegates. Then it gets decided by the convention, and I play as the winner.

You people don't know what Super Delegates are! They are normal Democratic delegates, but they are people such as governors and other important people, and they are rewarded to candidates just like normal delegates and at the same time as normal delegates.

You people don't know what Super Delegates are! They are normal Democratic delegates, but they are people such as governors and other important people, and they are rewarded to candidates just like normal delegates and at the same time as normal delegates.

No, PLEOs (Party Leaders and Elected Officials) are unpledged, meaning they can choose who to vote for.