270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AsMartinez

Michigan, Gubernatorial 2010

I've almost got it finished, just a few kinks to work out.

I'm also working on Michigan 2006 (Granholm(I) Vs DeVos), Michigan 2002 (Postumus Vs Granholm), and Michigan 1990 (Blanchard(I) Vs Engler).

I'm having problems with the game starting off well balanced then turning into a massive Republican Landslide(like 40-60) even though michigan is a 53-47 state... Any idea what might be wrong here?

check your political unit issue centres, urban centres where dems do well should be more to the left than the democratic base issue centres, visa versa for the reps in the counties.

If you have any questions, just ask. I'm from Michigan, and followed the elections very closely.

Some issues (though you've probably finished that portion) would Great Lakes Water, Out of State Garbage, Small Business Tax and of course Balanced Budget is just about the biggest issue in the state right.

What kind of candidates do you have? If at all possible, you should add State Representative Marc Corriveau as a sleeper. He has some great potential.

looking forward to this one. if you want people to test it out, i'd be more than happy to have a go and tweak if needed. PM me.

Warner, I think I have all the Republicans down but, who might the democrats choose? I've got Dillon, Stupak(SP), and Cherry. Are there any others, and who is Marc Corriveau, what would his stats be?

(For the Republicans I've got DeVos, Bouchard, Land, Miller, Cox, and Bishop, with Johnson, Betsy DeVos, Jane Abraham, and Hoogendyke as sleepers)

Thanks, I'll try your advise.

I'm seriously thinking overhauling a few areas, (Wayne county, Oakland, and the 9th, and 5th districts a bit.)

Warner, I think I have all the Republicans down but, who might the democrats choose? I've got Dillon, Stupak(SP), and Cherry. Are there any others, and who is Marc Corriveau, what would his stats be?

(For the Republicans I've got DeVos, Bouchard, Land, Miller, Cox, and Bishop, with Johnson, Betsy DeVos, Jane Abraham, and Hoogendyke as sleepers)

I'm seriously thinking overhauling a few areas, (Wayne county, Oakland, and the 9th, and 5th districts a bit.)

For the Dems may I suggest:

Virgil Bernero

John Hieftje

Kwame Kilpatrick

Bart Stupak

Sander Levin

Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick

John Cherry

David E. Bonior

Jennifer Granholm (Just for the heck of it)

For the GOP:

Spencer Abraham

Jane Abraham

Mike Bouchard

Peter Hoekstra

Dick DeVos

Leon Drolet

Michelle Engler

Dick Posthumus

Michael Cox

Terri Lynn Land

Loren Bennett

Marc Corriveau is my charismatic State Representative who the Democrats have very high hopes for.

He's a 3 leadership, a 4 integrity, a 2 experience, a 3 issue familiarity, a 5 charisma, 4 stamina and 4 debater I would say.

Other Democrats:

Mayor Dennis Archer (he is being pressured by some Democrats to run)

Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano (he'd be a great candidate)

Detroit Medical Center Chairman Mike Duggan (he would be a disaster for Democrats)

And not Kwame. Please? :D

For the Republicans, it's about right. I doubt that Land will run, but you can bet that Cox is in. He's been running for Governor ever since he was elected AG.

Well I agree with you on Kwame(He could always be governor of his jail cell?), and Land. (my rumor mills are saying she's filling one of the Solid-R congressional seats...) I will include her... I doubt Cox will take nod though.

Granholm is termed out.

Well I agree with you on Kwame(He could always be governor of his jail cell?), and Land. (my rumor mills are saying she's filling one of the Solid-R congressional seats...) I will include her... I doubt Cox will take nod though.

Granholm is termed out.

Although Kwamne is an idiot, he is still mayor of Detroit. I would turn him off. Also, how far along is this?

I've got regions, Issues, candidates, although its all really rough right now I can't get it to do exactly what I want (I.E. a close election...)

Kwame is in dire political straights right now... I don't see him mounting a serious campaign, that said I'll add him, but with almost no money and about 80 alienated outside of Wayne county...

Any news on the progress of this scenario?

It should be a good scenario, like the rest of yours. I sure hope, that this Michigan 2010 scenario dosen't have a stupid List Index Error. Do they annoy me.