270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mitt/Rudy08

United States - 2012

I'm working on three new scenario's for the 2012 Presidential Election. One scenario for the reelection of President Obama, one for President Clinton and one for President McCain. Do any of you have any suggestions of which candidates I should use?

If Hillary or Obama Huckabee should be a frontrunner for the GOP. If Mccain Obama should be up there. Romney could make another run. Jeb Bush may try it. Hillary probably won't run again If she loses. Edwards is a toss up. Probably Rudy won't run. Paul is too old. Richardson maybe. Stephen Colbert :P .

• Upvote 1

Mark Warner (VA)

Russ Feingold (WI)

Eliot Spitzer has hopes for high office (NY)

Gavin Newsome has very wide name recognition for a city Mayor, likely to run for CA Governor (CA)

Artur Davis (AL)

Bobby Jindal (LO)

Mark Green (WI)

Charlie Crist(FL)

Tim Pawlenty(WI)

Mark Sanford(SC)

Russ Feingold (WI)

Mark Green (WI)

Feingold's a good bet, Green, not so much. He blew it in the gov race in 06, never was the favorite of most conservatives in the state anyway. Scott Walker (current Milwaukee county exec, probable candidate for gov in '10) and Paul Ryan (congressman) would be good GOP running mate choices, though.

For the Dems in the McCain scenario you may want to include Al Gore. I think it will be highly unlikely that he will run but he will only be 64, and if he thinks he could win he might take another shot at it.