270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Actinguy

US2008 - Up To Date

Hey guys!

I like to run the game a lot strictly as a simulation...in other words, I simply "watch" the election as a member of the libertarians or such.

I've tweaked this game so that all of the primaries/caucuses as of this morning (after Obama won South Carolina) should happen correctly. IE Iowa goes to Huckabee and Obama, New Hampshire goes to McCain and Clinton, etc. The Republican's Wyoming doesn't happen when it should (I can't change dates), but it does go to Romney.

This is not absolute...in fact, Michigan has gone to Edwards for some reason far more often than it goes to Clinton (hardly matters, they only have one delegate)...but 99% of the time, it is accurate so far.

Also, I couldn't figure out how to accurately program the game to get the right second and third place winner...so while Obama always wins Iowa, Edwards might occasionally get second place there. That sort of thing.

I've found that playing with Ron Paul turned off makes this far more realistic...but of course to each his own.

Lastly, I included my previous work, adding 50 or so extra vice presidential candidates between the two parties. Governors, Senators, that sort of thing.

By the way, for those who are interested, it usually comes down to Romney-Clinton...though I've had all kinds of unpredictable things happen even with all the past primaries happening like they should. I've seen Edwards versus Ron Paul...and FOUR Republicans still in the race when the convention took place, each within 50 delegates of each other.

So...let me know if you want it!

Also, I couldn't figure out how to accurately program the game to get the right second and third place winner...so while Obama always wins Iowa, Edwards might occasionally get second place there. That sort of thing.

Edwards DID finish in second place in Iowa, no matter what the COM says.

Anyway, the scenarion sounds great. sfsports@gmail.com , please, if you can forgive me for being so harsh last paragraph... :D

Hey guys!

I like to run the game a lot strictly as a simulation...in other words, I simply "watch" the election as a member of the libertarians or such.

I've tweaked this game so that all of the primaries/caucuses as of this morning (after Obama won South Carolina) should happen correctly. IE Iowa goes to Huckabee and Obama, New Hampshire goes to McCain and Clinton, etc. The Republican's Wyoming doesn't happen when it should (I can't change dates), but it does go to Romney.

This is not absolute...in fact, Michigan has gone to Edwards for some reason far more often than it goes to Clinton (hardly matters, they only have one delegate)...but 99% of the time, it is accurate so far.

I've found that playing with Ron Paul turned off makes this far more realistic...but of course to each his own.

Lastly, I included my previous work, adding 50 or so extra vice presidential candidates between the two parties. Governors, Senators, that sort of thing.

By the way, for those who are interested, it usually comes down to Romney-Clinton...though I've had all kinds of unpredictable things happen even with all the past primaries happening like they should. I've seen Edwards versus Ron Paul...and FOUR Republicans still in the race when the convention took place, each within 50 delegates of each other.

So...let me know if you want it!

Yea Sure. You can send it to me at debbie@the-peterson-group.com thanks