270soft Forum
Treasurer

Scenarios in the Planning Stages...

Right, I'm still fiddling about with the "Win Favour with Labour Scenario", it's complete but the gameplay has been too easy, so i've been fiddling with starting finances. As for "Anarchy in the UK", i'm afraid, because of the sheer size of the ridings, i'm not sure it will be complete for Christmas Day. More than half the ridings are done, but there's about 200 seats left to do, as well as there's many more candidates i want to insert. However if you want the rough copy on Christmas Day, you can have it by, hopefully it'll be less rough by then. Just give me your email.

I've set up 3 different lists now. The Fictional and Career scenario's have their own list as i would like to finish them sooner rather than later. So for the next 3 scenario's i do, i'll do them one by one instead of a few at once. Hopefully, Anarchy in the UK will be the finished article before New Year. After that, i'll do the Conservative version of "Win Favour...", then Kanchelska 2008, and then back to the first list for Norwich Council 2008. I still though, want to focus more on the original list. I'm going to try not to add anymore extra scenario's for a good while (of course i've still to input the remaining career scenario's).

This is me making a start on Kanchelska 2008, and all i will do until i finish the Tory section of my career series. Kanchelska is a densely populated country with more than half of the population being of Polish descent. The ruling party will be communist. Here is where it is situated on the Polish-Ukranian border:

europe-map.jpg

and here is what it will look like on our map, with seats details and region names, and the population of each. The capitial city Drosno, is featured in the close-up map.

mapkan1.jpg

1 - Drosno Thrunia (10 seats) 513,087

2 - Drosno Szezew (7 seats) 402,098

3 - Drosno Ludziaz (12 seats) 579.837

4 - Drosno Fodz Sacz (8 seats) 434,723

5 - Marzow (30 seats) 1,538,261

6 - Koronihiv (15 seats) 769,631

7 - Dniporizhzhya (7 seats) 410, 839

8 - Kramahans'k (6 seats) 378, 824

9- Kozhvakar (23 seats) 934, 874

10 - Vorgorod (17 seats) 620, 671

11 -Vladisburg (26 seats) 1, 253, 947

12 - Swidzko (21 seats) 649, 204

13 - Wrokow (27 seats) 1, 347, 872

14 - Kerstroda (18 seats) 723, 834

15 - Nowy Tomaski (9 seats) 460, 259

Total: 236 seats Pop: 11, 017, 961

Also, there will be 6 parties, don't have official names for them yet, but here are their political stances in order of rank:

Communist Party

Centre-left Democratic Party

Right wing Party

Modernist Centrist party

Extreme Right Party

Green Party

The election scenario will overall have the communist party in a strong lead, either solid or ahead of the Democratic party. The Right wing Party could have control of a region or 2, while the Centrist will only have at most 15 seats. The extreme right will have seats in the capital and Marzow. The Green Party will have 0 seats. This is a heavy manufacturing, backwards country.

Will the greens have 0 seats with the realistic chance of gaining one or just 0 seats and no way in hell will they gain a seat?

Why not call the Extreme Rigth party the Fatherland or Freedom Party?

Or instead of using names from Cyberia and Cyberland scenarios, how about some originality, like the "Right is Right" Party... "Prawo Jest Prawem" Party in polish or (PJP" for short)...

Or maybe something like Kanchelska Alliance (Sojuszu) or Reform (Reformy)

As for Fatherland (Ojczyzna) or Freedom (Wolność)... Here is Fascist Party (Faszysta)...

Or you could call it the Centre Party (Centrum) or the Liberal Party (Liberalny) yet put his policies to the extreme right... some politicians are tricky like that sometimes...

As for the other parties:

komunistycznych (communist)

socjaldemokratów (social democrat)

konserwatywny (conservative)

centrysta demokrata (centrist democrat)

zielony (green)

The Green Party will be one of the worst performing Green parties in Europe. So it will be hard to gain 1 seat. I'll consider your ideas for names for the far right party. I would prefer Freedom Party to Fatherland in English, or we could have fatherland with a Polish/Ukranian translation.

Also to add, if you've guessed from some of the place names, Polish descended populations live mostly in the capital city, some central and to the west, and they are largest race. Ukranian populations live mostly in the east, while the Russian or Slav population live in rural and town areas in central Kanchelska, this is where the Communist stronghold will be, along with the capital. The Russian population felt their country was better off under the Soviet Union, as now, their heavy manufacturing have been through a long downturn, and some areas are now very poor derelict towns.

So hopefully, by the end of this month, i'll have "Win Favour with the Tories"(i might have this finished this week) and Kanchelska finished completely, and maybe the Norwich Council, which i'll be asking for your help on issues and platform stances for some. I know i could do more to help other peep's scenario's but i'm just very consumed with my own at the moment, but you can always ask, when it comes to either making maps, logos, endorsers and the simpler stuff.

Or instead of using names from Cyberia and Cyberland scenarios, how about some originality, like the "Right is Right" Party... "Prawo Jest Prawem" Party in polish or (PJP" for short)...

Or maybe something like Kanchelska Alliance (Sojuszu) or Reform (Reformy)

As for Fatherland (Ojczyzna) or Freedom (Wolność)... Here is Fascist Party (Faszysta)...

Or you could call it the Centre Party (Centrum) or the Liberal Party (Liberalny) yet put his policies to the extreme right... some politicians are tricky like that sometimes...

As for the other parties:

komunistycznych (communist)

socjaldemokratów (social democrat)

konserwatywny (conservative)

centrysta demokrata (centrist democrat)

zielony (green)

Excellent, i'll use your names. I think i will go for the Fascist translation. Fatherland sounds too much like it might be refering to Russia or the Soviet Union, which would not be what the party would want to go back to.

Wow, two posts at the same time. Awesome!

Yes lol, i didn't notice your post until later when logged off.

Ok, i've updated on adding the rest of the Career Series scenarios to be done on the list. Can somebody give me a good list of issues and platforms(not neccesarily all of them) for Kanchelska, but read this passage first:

Since the break-up of the Soviet Union, Kanchelska has predominately elected a Communist Party since. The need for Communism has thawed to an extent in the 2000's, but is isolated by former Soviet States which have now ditched Communist parties from government. It is thought this has happened because many Soviet supporting Slavs of Russian descent have immigrated here, attracted by flat taxation and a rotation policy used in the employment which tries to help the most poverty-striken. Many Russian slavs have settled in central Kanchelska, but this has caused much rife with Polish speakers, who make up most of the population, and so began the Slavic Riots in 2007.

The country has clinged on to it's heavy manufacturing which includes steel and car industries, once booming, now a very fragile infrasturcture, which has caused this country to be one of the poorest in Europe. The country is known to be polluted heavily, with it's dense population but with so many people apathetic with their country, their is not much calls on improving the environment. Unemployment hurts 20% of the population. However unlike other poor European countries, they have a high number of functioning Nuclear power stations, however, some have become derelict, which led to a tragic Nuclear accident in 2001, when due to poor security, a nuclear reactor exploded uncontrollably. The government have since then tried to decontaminate the south east area of the country, some of the population destined in the long-term to die from the contamination effects.

The government still uses the old Soviet Glasnost policy. Information/events from outside the country are spun or despatched off, by the Government before it ever reaches newspapers and TV/radio/Internet news. However, in recent years, opposition parties have been given more broadcasting and coverage in the run-up to elections, leading in an ever decreasing majority for the Communists.

High, it all looks brillaint so far, sorry I havent been able to help. I've been busy with RL politics :( Student politics is the most petty :(

Thats ok, issues could include:

Immigration

Slavic Riots

Decontamination

Industry

Crime

Unemployment

Glasnost

Kanchelska is 80% complete. Here's the issues i've decided on for Kanchelska, quite good i think:

Agriculture

Alliance with Russia

Crime

Decontamination

Education

Environment

Equal Rights

Glasnost

Healthcare

Immigration

Industry

National Debt

Poverty

Slavic Riots

Taxation

Transport

Unemployment

Western Europe Relations

Any ideas for statements?

As per transport maybe one of the events could be about the expension of Kanchelska's biggest city metro system.

Something like:

Transport:

We should extend considerably the metro system and add new bus and tram routes. Also add a new high speed train line.

We should extend the metro system and renovating Kanchelska's main train station. Consider adding a new high speed train line.

We should consider extending the metro system.

We should put tolls on main highways and main bridges. Also, add a congestion charge in main cities to help pay the metro system.

We should privatize all the road system and bridges.

Languages:

Have Russian and Polish as main languages. Also, have Roma languages as special minority languages.

Russian and Polish is fine.

Have a referendum on the issue.

Only Russian in certains region where Russian language form a majority.

Only Polish!

Alliance with Russia:

Russia is evil! Consider having stronger ties with the European Union.

We should have better relations with the European Union.

Our current relation is okay with Russia.

Consider having a formal alliance with Russia.

We should become a Russian Oblast.

Crime:

Minimal sentencing for prisonners.

Prevention is the best remedy for crime.

The system is fine right now. Keep the death penality for serious crimes.

Harsher sentencing for all criminal.

Crime reduction must be our first priority. We should use the death penality much more often.

Immigration:

We should open our borders to all immigration.

We need more immigration.

The situation is fine right now. Keep the Law of Return.

All immigrants should be fluent in Polish and pass a language and citizenship exam.

Immigration is a bad thing for our country and heritage. Consider cutting all immigration to non-Polish speaking people.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Matvail!

Languages is a good one.

I've replaced National Debt with Languages, so:

Agriculture

Alliance with Russia

Crime

Decontamination

Education

Environment

Equal Rights

Glasnost

Healthcare

Immigration

Industry

Languages

Poverty

Slavic Riots

Taxation

Transport

Unemployment

Western Europe Relations

Yes, just statements for the issues. All i have to do left is external events and candidate names (on the ridings).

Thanks Matvail!

Languages is a good one.

I've replaced National Debt with Languages, so:

Agriculture

Alliance with Russia

Crime

Decontamination

Education

Environment

Equal Rights

Glasnost

Healthcare

Immigration

Industry

Languages

Poverty

Slavic Riots

Taxation

Transport

Unemployment

Western Europe Relations

//Languages

Special rights for minority language populations.

Enfore tougher bilingual standards across regions.

Promote the Polish language, but allow Russian services.

Polish should be the only official language.

Scrap all bilingual services. Mandate Polish language.

@

//Alliance with Russia

Russia is evil! Support NATO membership.

Pursue closer ties with the European Union.

We should be friends with Russia and the EU.

Continue the formal alliance with Russia.

We should become a Russian Oblast.

@

//Crime

Abolish the death penalty, reduce sentencing. No police state!

Promote rehabilitation and scale back police powers.

Tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime.

Put more police on the street. Crack down on criminals.

Support national ID cards and secret police. Expand death penalty.

@

//Immigration

We should open our borders to all immigration.

A large immigrant intake is good for us. Increase refugee numbers.

The situation is fine right now. Keep the Law of Return.

All immigrants should be fluent in Polish and pass a language and citizenship exam.

Immigration is destroying our country! Expel all non-Polish immigrants!

@

//Industry

Support large-scale nationalization to take over all industries.

Extend nationalization to energy, transport, and manufacturing.

Regulate private sector to keep prices low. Compensate losers.

More competition in markets. Support privatization of industry.

Privatize all industries. National ownership is intrinsically bad.

@

//Healthcare

Dramatically increase funding, end all private sector interference.

Increase funding. Cut private sector involvement.

Cut costs and reduce waitlists, public-private relationship is essential.

Establish maximum acceptable wait times, and promote private delivery.

Full privatization of health care services.

@

//Environment

The environment comes first. Implement an eco-tax on pollution.

Increase standards, Go beyond Kyoto in reducing emissions.

Promote better environmental policies, stay with Kyoto.

Withdraw from Kyoto. The economy comes first.

The environment is fine, global warming is a hoax.

@

//Tax and Budget

Reject IMF policies. Massive social programs and accept more debt.

Oppose IMF policies. Fund social programs and raise taxes.

Balance the budget through spending cuts and tax increases.

Comply with IMF policies. Reduce spending and taxes across the board.

Go beyond IMF mandate. Drastically cut government spending and taxes.

@

//Transport

Raise car and petrol taxes to pay for comprehensive programme. Reduce car use.

Focus on creation of a national monorail and improvement of mass transit systems.

Increase bus subsidies, tax breaks for hybrid cars, and funding for rail system.

Scrap car tax. Reduce Petrol tax. More funding for road building and maintenance.

Abolish the petrol tax. Promote automobile use instead of mass transit.

@

• Upvote 1

Concerning scenario's for Asian/African/South American elections i'm thinking of doing, (but in the long distant future), i've been trawling through topics to find out of any unfinished ones that never came to fruition. Not a lot to be found, but i would like have a go at them myself. This includes South Africa 1994, Zimbabwe 2007 or 2008, and Belize.

I also remember someone looking for a Brazil map, but it never came to anything. I would like to include a Brazil election then, when it comes to it. That is until, however, i clear the lists present already!

I'm going to try get all the council elections out of the way. I know most might like to see the fictional England scenario sooner, but i really want to hack a good bit off the original list. It's giving out more variety whatever way it goes.

No, you can win as the social democrats, by stealing some of the endorsers and attacking them in the ads. This is what i got here, however it was quite close before i ended up a couple million in debt at the end with the ads:

22-01-200920-03-18.jpg

But i felt that was like cheating, so i played again, but this time didn't get into debt, and had to use the ads to a much lesser extent near the end:

22-01-200920-43-43.jpg

Closer, but i still won. :D

I must say that a strong conservative Christian Democratic party (like in Poland) will maybe be good for a new version, as countryside Poland is very social conservative. Also, a Russian Rights party (like in all the countries in the Baltic) will also be a neat idea. I must also say than an idea about an anti-immigration will really good, however green parties are not very present in Eastern Europe in general.

Also, which region had the nuclear meltdown?

• Upvote 1

I'd like to keep the same parties concerning any more Kanchelska scenario's. But if i was to another Eastern European ficitional scenario, i would consider what you've said. However, i have no more plans to do any more Kanchelska ones, but if i ever get back to it, i would do district or by-elections, which could include regional parties of the same vein of the ones you have mentioned. But i would save a Christian Democrat party as a national party for another fictional scenario, if i got round to it.

The nuclear meltdown happenend in the south east of the country, so it would be the Koronihiv region.

socjaldemokratów leader is Belarus president Alexander Lukashenko.

Centrist party leader is Kristina Rihanoff, a Russian dancer.

Sorry, i can't remember who the other ones were.

Conservative leader is a Polish politician.

Facist leader was a local/regional Russian politician.

Green leader, i can't recall, either Russian or French comes to mind.

I've changed my rules abit. For the original list, i am not going to keep to the order on the list, but pick one i would like to see the most, when it comes to the time i've finished another scenario. Because there is some i would like to see come to fruition, which, if i kept to the list order, wouldn't get to it till next year, honestly. I'm still working on York, and i may carry on with the council elections, but then after that, you will not know what's coming next! I'm just a little tired of keeping to the list order.