270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wullie_asken

simpsons scenario

Exactly.

But what is even more, is that after the fight, the camera (of the stadium) gets on marge, and she has 2 flags:

Canada and....

Quebec!

I don't recall that part, but it wouldn't surprise me, the Simpsons is always delving into political controversies.

Indeed. But it was still a shock for me! (tho a good one).

Makes one wonder what is their position on this issue.

They probably don't have one - they are all about satire.

Good point. But still, it was weird.

I guess it was a "clin d'oeil" to the nationalists in Quebec, to make sure they wouldn't be to offuscated to hear the Canadian anthem in their show, lol! :D

Good point. But still, it was weird.

I guess it was a "clin d'oeil" to the nationalists in Quebec, to make sure they wouldn't be to offuscated to hear the Canadian anthem in their show, lol! :D

Could be! ;)

marge dem

I think Homer is supposed to epitomize the average lazy white male, and white males tend to vote republican

I think there was a vampire at the GOP meeting

Man I havent watched that show in a while :D

But what is even more, is that after the fight, the camera (of the stadium) gets on marge, and she has 2 flags:

Canada and....

Quebec!

Trivia question: When is Québec mentionned in the Simpsons apart from that episode?

In the 'Behind the Laughter' documentary they say they're from Kentucky, but that's an episode where they differentiate between the Simpsons as real people from the characters of the show, so it might not be where the show is based.

In the 'Behind the Laughter' documentary they say they're from Kentucky, but that's an episode where they differentiate between the Simpsons as real people from the characters of the show, so it might not be where the show is based.

ya thats a classic one it also mensions that ned flanders was not from kentucky yet he has an acsent :o

The scene is when Marge and Homer are invited to an elite party (I think it's because he renamed himself Max Powers). Clinton dances with Marge, pretending it's his "duty" as president, when an aide comes in and whispers to him. He says "Aw shoot! Québec's got the bomb" and leaves.

The scene is when Marge and Homer are invited to an elite party (I think it's because he renamed himself Max Powers). Clinton dances with Marge, pretending it's his "duty" as president, when an aide comes in and whispers to him. He says "Aw shoot! Québec's got the bomb" and leaves.

That was a funny episode - I remember that one.