270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GaryHart88

Louisiana leaning Dem in 2008?

Has anyone considered a tweak to intial settings/scenario to give an edge to Democrats in Louisiana due to anger over the Bush administration's response to Katrina?

It remains to be seen if ill will towards the Republicans will carry over to the 2008 election in real life New Orleans, but in game terms that's certainly something the Democrats would want to play up.

Prying away a non-swing state from your opponent is always a big coup.

I would say that Louisiana is actually becoming more Republican. Recent election results have been very favorable for the GOP, and now with 1/2 of the Democrats NOLA base gone...

I don't know about Louisiana, but certainly the entire northeast should be one big blue block. This mostly pertains to New Hampshire which has become more Democratic as of late. And also Deleware usually ends up a very hard to capture swing state for the Dems in the game for some reason, which it certainly should not be.

I don't know about Louisiana, but certainly the entire northeast should be one big blue block. This mostly pertains to New Hampshire which has become more Democratic as of late. And also Deleware usually ends up a very hard to capture swing state for the Dems in the game for some reason, which it certainly should not be.

I also thought Delaware should not be a such a common swing state in the game...especially since it is so small and hard to click exactly on it with your mouse! Game play enjoyment goes when you don't have to deal with Delaware. Hahaha!

Louisiana is actually much less Democratic because many of the reliable Democratic votes in Lousiana were forced to move to Georgia and Texas in the wake of Katrina. Expect Mary Landrieu to lose in 2008.

I realize it makes for good gameplay, but some of the states some awfully overly to me. On the opening of my campaign as Obama against McCain in 2008, MA and NY were up for grabs. I've won CA as Mitt Romney, and AL as Wes Clark. Though this makes for more interesting and unpredictable games, I simply can't imagine these things happening in real life.

And am I the only one who enjoys playing the primary season more than the general? I love the practice of picking your spots and strategizing where to find momentum, whereas in the general you usually pick your 8 or so states and just keep ping-ponging around them. All of which is tremendously accurate...

Plus, I might add- Governor Blanco is expected to lose hugely in a landslide this year if Bobby Jindal runs against her.

And some parts of the NE can be competitive for moderate Republicans (caveat there), same with some parts of the South and moderate democrats.

Our country is still pretty polarized though.