270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jj_frap

Play a game with no human-controlled leaders...

It could get boring, yes, if people would only do that. But I'd guess they'd be tired of watching on the sidelines fast. Personally, I'd welcome it, I've tried doing it with my own scenario, based on the provincial Québec elections of 2003, luckily I have a very small third party for which it doesn't really matter that I don't do anything. So, it's very useful for testing out scenarios, see how "realistic" they are.

it would be great for testing (but only testing, otherwise it'd be boring)

you could balance your parties perfectly.

if you wanted a perfect balance between the top 2, you could run 10 simulations, and if one wins 5 times, and the other 5 times, you know you got a balance

if you wanted one stronger, and they won 8 out of the 10 times, then you know you got something. etc.

Yeah...most election games have an option like this (President Elect, Power Politics, Doonesbury Election Game all come to mind). Lets you test out different combos. And sometimes, it's just fun to watch a season run quickly by from the sidelines...