270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan Raptor

Creating New Political Parties

Hi. I'd like to know how to either add a new political party to an existing scenario OR how to edit over another existing party and give it a new name. I tried doing this in the 08 scenario, after backing up the original, and tried to replace "libertarian" with "Green" but after checking all the xml files and replacing the words "liberatarian" with "green" I still get an error and the game shuts down.

Please help! Thanks.

Having some trouble with this as well. If anyone has any detailed information on things in the XML files, it'd be much appreciated if you could share. Thanks

In the next Couple of day am going to be writing a guide to building and changing Scenario. Cause I know a lot you haven't had as much luck as I have. I figure I would share my knowledge with the unknowing.

That would be great. I've been messing around with it for the last couple hours, but it very hit or miss. I keep changing something that crashes the game. If I could figure out what it was, I'd post a bug report.

I think I may have been having trouble with this... I had a hypothesis that after I just changed the parties manually (which the candidate editor accepted and all) the fact that my election data under political units still had the old parties was making the game give an error message when it was on the "Creating game... Please wait." screen, but I think I fixed that and it doesn't appear to have gotten better.