270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fireball1244

Offering Third Party Veep Spot to Major Party Candidates

I played a game last night as a customized Libertarian candidate, and part of my intended strategy was to try to pick off one of the moderately-strong-but-not-going-to-win Republicans or Democrats to be my VP. Unfortunately, this was not possible, as I couldn't offer my VP spot until I had locked up my party's nomination, which happens on one day in the scenario, at the convention. Immediately upon winning the nomination, I am asked to pick a Libertarian VP from the default list, and there was no way to ask, say, Senator Edwards to come and be on my team.

So, my suggestion is minor: I'd like the ability to either select from my party/candidate's list, or ask another player to be my VP. Or, if you're the only candidate of your party, or you have some percentage of popular support, say, 60% or greater, you should be able to ask someone to be your VP at any point.

Just a minor suggestion. Thanks!

Good point - we'll look at this.

The 80soft Team

Immediately upon winning the nomination, I am asked to pick a Libertarian VP from the default list, and there was no way to ask, say, Senator Edwards to come and be on my team.

And just to add a bit (since I find VP selecting/deciding to be one of the more fun parts of the game).

Maybe you guys can make a link to the leading party candidate's relationship with other candidates in their party, as an indicator if they are willing to break ticket and run as a VP for the other party.

Meaning if you just pound a candidate with negative ads and bet them out of nomination (IE Bush in 2000 against McCain) there's a better possibility that that candidate would switch and run on the other ticket.

I know there's not much to this in Modern history, but with today's temporary polarization, it's kind of the closet thing we can get to a Kennedy/Johnson ticket.

Although i will note that Being a Democrat or republican, it's fairly easy to pick a Third party (if there's more than one in that particular party) as a VP...

I just would like to see that carried over to the larger parties...

Hmmm ... we'll think about this. Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

And just to add a bit (since I find VP selecting/deciding to be one of the more fun parts of the game).

Maybe you guys can make a link to the leading party candidate's relationship with other candidates in their party, as an indicator if they are willing to break ticket and run as a VP for the other party.

Meaning if you just pound a candidate with negative ads and bet them out of nomination (IE Bush in 2000 against McCain) there's a better possibility that that candidate would switch and run on the other ticket.

I know there's not much to this in Modern history, but with today's temporary polarization, it's kind of the closet thing we can get to a Kennedy/Johnson ticket.

Although i will note that Being a Democrat or republican, it's fairly easy to pick a Third party (if there's more than one in that particular party) as a VP...

I just would like to see that carried over to the larger parties...