270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian_J

Canada 2007

When you're done, PC, send it my way.

b.appel@hotmail.com

Same here. spacey_post@yahoo.ca

I am working on an updated 2007 scenario. Please let me know of any candidate changes or ideas. :)

When you complete it, or if you have already, I'd like a copy.

calesullivan@hotmail.com

Hey, look, everyone thought there would be an election this year, and now it's December with nary a thought of an election in sight.

Good job, Harper. Longest Conservative minority government ever.

Hello, I'm actually updating it to be a Feb. 2008 scenario, as Stéphane is planning on running then. Should be done in a few days with the riding stuff, but the rest of it is pretty much set.

Some changes (Not all of them):

-Immigration becomes Multiculturalism (Because there is kind of a consensus on immigration, and to reasonably accommodate reasonable accommodation in Quebec)

-The Arctic is added as an issue.

-The Conservatives are at about 38%, and on the cusp of a majority. Still winnable as the Liberals.

-The MacKay/May showdown in Central Nova.

-Some leader adjustments based on recent events.

Stay tuned, as they do say...

Hello, I'm actually updating it to be a Feb. 2008 scenario, as Stéphane is planning on running then. Should be done in a few days with the riding stuff, but the rest of it is pretty much set.

Some changes (Not all of them):

-Immigration becomes Multiculturalism (Because there is kind of a consensus on immigration, and to reasonably accommodate reasonable accommodation in Quebec)

-The Arctic is added as an issue.

-The Conservatives are at about 38%, and on the cusp of a majority. Still winnable as the Liberals.

-The MacKay/May showdown in Central Nova.

-Some leader adjustments based on recent events.

Stay tuned, as they do say...

Sounds good -- I'll look forward to trying it. And welcome back. :)

While you're updating, could you possibly wing the 2007 scenario (or the newer one if finished) over to:

cheath@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au

Cheers heaps

Might as well wait till Saturday, I'll probably be done the new one by then.

The Arctic issue is now the Atlantic Accord, as I couldn't really find any difference between the parties on the whole sovereignty thing...I just have to adjust some candidates in Quebec and put the Liberal leadership guys in.

I've chucked in the big 4 Liberal leadership candidates, Paul Martin, and Ken Dryden. Like most of my scenarios, I've chucked the sub 1% parties.

I must say, I really wish the 7 issue thing was in PM4E...would really help with Quebec.

OK, I'm pretty confidant in it now to send it out...it will need a bit of ironing out in the ridings file, but I'd like to get some opinions on it before going back into that.

OK, I'm pretty confidant in it now to send it out...it will need a bit of ironing out in the ridings file, but I'd like to get some opinions on it before going back into that.

I'd love to try it out

joffre@gmail.com

A few thoughts after a playthrough:

The Conservatives are much too strong in the Atlantic. They've pissed practically everyone off with the equalization deal, especially in Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.

Bill Casey in Cumberland-Colchester should be running as an independent since he got kicked out of the Conservative party.

You have Marc Garneau running in Outremont, but he's actually running in Westmount. The Outremont candidate might be Brigitte Legault (it's my best guess at the time, though who knows who the party will appoint), who should have two stars.

Bev Desjarlais in Churchill should be removed as an independent, with most of her support going to the NDP candidate.

There currently aren't any debates in the scenario.

The Bloc should probably be weakened in rural Québec: the Conservatives are ahead there currently. The NDP is also probably much too weak in Québec, it's hovering at around the 15% mark in polls.

It otherwise looks pretty realistic, great job.

Also, you did an awesome job on the issues and I really, really like the new "small" images for the parties.