270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

President Forever + Primaries - Candidate Editor - Beta v. 1.00.1

Hi everyone,

You can now download the newest President Forever + Primaries Candidate Editor - Beta version, from here . Unzip the file to your President Forever + Primaries folder, and then run the newly extracted Candidate Editor.exe file.

This is a Beta version. Any and all feedback appreciated.

We recommend that you back up any scenario data before modifying it with the Beta Candidate Editor.

The 80soft Team

There's still the issue of putting in a persons picture, going to another candidate, going back, and finding the picture all screwed up and pixelated. (And the size screwed up, which is the main cause of the "invalid image size" bug)

Also, it'd be nice if you didn't have to put percentage info in every single state. Just have it so those who don't put any info in, basically start at 0% nationally and in every state.

Thanks for the feedback. The percentages issue is actually a problem with President Forever + Primaries, and it will be changed at the same time that we release the Candidate Editor.

Thanks again,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

There's still the issue of putting in a persons picture, going to another candidate, going back, and finding the picture all screwed up and pixelated. (And the size screwed up, which is the main cause of the "invalid image size" bug)

Also, it'd be nice if you didn't have to put percentage info in every single state. Just have it so those who don't put any info in, basically start at 0% nationally and in every state.

Yeah Mrdie's right, It took me more than 35 minutes to create a single candidate in the 2004 Democratic primaries. 80soft could you please make an easier way to change percentages! That would be very helpful.

In the Candidate Editor, you can select all the states at once (just hold down the shift button while pressing the down arrow in the states selection box), and then set the percentages, or press the ctrl key and select multiple states. We'll figure out how to make this more obvious.

Yeah Mrdie's right, It took me more than 35 minutes to create a single candidate in the 2004 Democratic primaries. 80soft could you please make an easier way to change percentages! That would be very helpful.

In the Candidate Editor, you can select all the states at once (just hold down the shift button while pressing the down arrow in the states selection box), and then set the percentages, or press the ctrl key and select multiple states. We'll figure out how to make this more obvious.

Thanks 80soft, It now only took me, 5 mins to create a candidate! :D

I'm not really a graphics wiz. Is there anywhere on the boards or elsewhere that describes the process for putting proper pictures in the candidate editor?

Can we please get some detailed instructions on how to use this thing? I have used the candidate editors in the previous version of this game as well as the Canadian, UK, and Australian PM Forever with no trouble but I cannot get this version to work.

PS-- I did download the new beta.

After I add my candidate to the 2008 scenario and try to start the game as my candidate, I get an "invalid floating point operation" error every time.

I do have the updated version (1.00.5.1).

Any advice?

I'm having difficulties installing this thing, can anybody explain what to do once you download it?

Drop it in the main PF+Primaries folder. I think.

I'm trying to create a couple new candidates for the Libertarian nomination, but whenever I click on any of the states to modify their percentages, this pops up:

huhhhhap4.png

This only happens for Russo and Nolan; I can edit Badnarik's no problem.

Update: this only seems to happen when I have copied the new candidates, using Badnarik as a template.

Every time I try to edit a candidate, an error message comes up when I try to play with them. For instance, when I added Obama to 2008, I edited Mark Warner to be Obama and tweaked the %s a bit but made sure that they all added up to 100%. That triggered an "Access Violation at address 004BC4DA in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000077." when I tried to play with Obama in the game. The same thing kept happening, but not just with Obama. I also tried to add Jim Gilchrist to the Constitution Party and it gave me that message (or something similar to it) and also just when I opened my 2004 scenario with the candidate editor and I didn't even change anything. Help!

There is a problem with the percentages and the current game engine - you have to set all the state percentages for a new candidate inside the Candidate Editor.

It seems that the current version of the candidate editor is FUBAR. I think that is why we have not had any official response.

There is a problem with the percentages and the current game engine - you have to set all the state percentages for a new candidate inside the Candidate Editor.

Do the percentages (of all the candidates for one state) all have to add up to 100% when entering them in the editor?

No, they should not be required to add to 100.

Do the percentages (of all the candidates for one state) all have to add up to 100% when entering them in the editor?

Hi,

Remember this is a beta Candidate Editor. We are looking into the problems recently posted, but the percentages problem can be fixed by:

1. Adding a new candidate.

2. Filling in all information.

3. Selecting all the regions in the percentages panel, and setting percentages for them.

Okay, I am going to try this for a third time. Would you please post step-by-step directions? Thank you.

Hi,

Remember this is a beta Candidate Editor. We are looking into the problems recently posted, but the percentages problem can be fixed by:

1. Adding a new candidate.

2. Filling in all information.

3. Selecting all the regions in the percentages panel, and setting percentages for them.

I seem to be having a problem where I add a candidate (in this case Obama for the 2008 scenario) and the candidate does not show up. Nothing has changed. What do I do?

Hi IfnotWarnerGoObama,

You unzip it to (or copy it to) your main President Forever + Primaries folder. Usually, this is My Computer > C: > Program Files > President Forever + Primares.

The 80soft Team

After You download the canidate editor where do you put it?

For any problems not already addressed, I would recommend waiting until the next version of the Candidate Editor is released, which sound be soon.

I seem to be having a problem where I add a candidate (in this case Obama for the 2008 scenario) and the candidate does not show up. Nothing has changed. What do I do?