270soft Forum

President Forever + Primaries - Candidate Editor - Beta

admin_270

Hi everyone,

You can now download the President Forever + Primaries Candidate Editor - Beta version, from here . Unzip the file to your President Forever + Primaries folder, and then run the newly extracted Candidate Editor.exe file.

This is a Beta version. Any and all feedback appreciated.

We recommend that you back up any scenario data before modifying it with the Beta Candidate Editor.

Known issues:

Although there are two separate places to enter party and leader goals, we will be removing the party goals entry field and the game will use just the leader goals.

The 80soft Team

I assume that in the non-beta version we can see all the issues in full? It cuts off like:

Abortion left Keep abortion as it is presently, safe, legal, and rare. Kee- *then it cuts off*

Edit: Also, what is language bonus? I assume this is if you want different types of debates? (Like in PMF:C where there's English and French debates)

I know that in the editor, if you change it from -1 you can't bring it back to -1. (From what I saw) only 0

For viewing the issue positions, click on the line of text, and you can then scroll left or right. This isn't obvious, we'll figure out how to make it clearer.

The language bonus is just for scenarios where there are multiple-language debates. It's not used in any official 80soft scenarios at this point.

Thanks for the feedback,

The 80soft Team

Hi everyone,

You can now download the President Forever + Primaries Candidate Editor - Beta version, from here . Unzip the file to your President Forever + Primaries folder, and then run the newly extracted Candidate Editor.exe file.

This is a Beta version. Any and all feedback appreciated.

We recommend that you back up any scenario data before modifying it with the Beta Candidate Editor.

Known issues:

Although there are two separate places to enter party and leader goals, we will be removing the party goals entry field and the game will use just the leader goals.

The 80soft Team

Thanks for the update 80soft, but I have a question do you have to change the percentages in the candidate editor? :(

Hi Conrad,

Can you say a little more about what you mean - you can change the percentages using a standard editor instead of the Candidate Editor if you want.

The 80soft Team

Thanks for the update 80soft, but I have a question do you have to change the percentages in the candidate editor? :(
Any party editing tool would be part of a Scenario Editor. We are looking seriously at whether to create a Scenario Editor or not at this point.

PLEASE! OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I've been trying to build my standard 2036 scenario, but it's soooo overwhelming with the new program. A Scenario Editor would be a godsend. I'd pay extra for it!

Hi Conrad,

Can you say a little more about what you mean - you can change the percentages using a standard editor instead of the Candidate Editor if you want. (Quote softi80)

The 80soft Team

Well when your creating a candiate in the primaries section, it comes up with all these sorts of percentages like Alienated, Committed ect... But I also have an error, when I try and select a scenario in the game I comes up with no scenarios. This is the error that comes up Access violation at address 00DDB5FC. Read of address 080041B7 Never mind that error occured when I put the Candidate Editor in the scenario files my mistake :lol:

After adding three new candidates (thompson, Gravel, and richardson). I tried to open the scenario and it says Invalid Floating Point Operation, i have not even touched the percantages file, is that the problem. Also when i turn off the candidates i created, it works. What's the problem?

Also i open the Xml files and there are no promblems or tags missing.

I've downloaded and used this feature. I really like it!

I haven't played a game with it yet, but I have edited and added a lot of candidates. I'll give it a test run and let you know how it goes!

One initial impression is that the pictures are a hassle. Maybe include some generic bitmaps in the game folder? :D

Okay I got all those percentages set so I could run my scenario.

But now when I start the game, I get this error, and it won't go any further:

Cannot open file graphics//map_icons//flag-president_.bmp.

I just though I'd put this here as my participation in the beta process. I'm really stumped on what to do next.

Hi songsdream,

Thanks for the feedback - was there any candidate who didn't have a color? (it would be black on the colour box)

The 80soft Team

But now when I start the game, I get this error, and it won't go any further:

Cannot open file graphics//map_icons//flag-president_.bmp.

I just though I'd put this here as my participation in the beta process. I'm really stumped on what to do next.

• 2 weeks later...
How do I add another party?

EDIT: oops I read now that there's no way.

Well, maybe go ahead and add a Green party, and an "Independent" party to cover everything else?

Yeah, that would be great. I'm a little said that there's no Green Party in either 04 or 08.

Archived