270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
danieldlmn

Major Update to 2008 election

hey everybody am send 2008 v3 out later tonight

But here are the detail of v1-v3 .

(V1)

Change in where the convention will be held: Democratic Convention will be held in Denver or New York City on August 25 to August 28, 2008(I choose NY until it was for sure.)

The Republican Convention will be held in Saint Paul, Minnesota on September 1 to September 4, 2008.

Changes in time-line of the primaries for both partys to match what the 2008 calender look out is

Republican time-line ( note: there was total of 6 or so states that the dates haven't been set but they have rough idea where they will land)

Republican primaries and caucuses

* January 21, 2008 - Iowa

* January 28, 2008 - New Hampshire

* February 5, 2008 - Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah, West Virginia

* February 5, 2008 - Florida, Michigan

* February 12, 2008 - Tennessee

* February 9, 2008 - Louisiana

* February 19, 2008 - Minnesota, Wisconsin

* February 26, 2008 - New Jersey

* March 4, 2008 - Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Ohio, Vermont

* March 4, 2008 - Pennsylvania

* March 11, 2008 - Mississippi, Texas, Washington

* March 18, 2008 - Illinois

* April 15, 2008 - Colorado

* April 26, 2008 - Kansas, Nevada

* May 5th, 2008 - Alaska

* May 6, 2008 - Indiana

* May 10, 2008 - Wyoming

* May 13, 2008 - Nebraska

* May 20, 2008 - Kentucky, Oregon

* May 27, 2008 - Idaho

* June 3, 2008 - South Dakota

* June 6, 2008 - Hawaii, Virginia

* June 9, 2008 - Montana

* June 10, 2008 - California

Democratic time-line

Democratic primaries and caucuses

* January 14, 2008 - Iowa

* January 19, 2008 - Nevada

* January 22, 2008 - New Hampshire

* January 29, 2008 - South Carolina

* February 5, 2008 - Delaware, Missouri

* February 12, 2008 - District of Columbia, Tennessee, Virginia

* February 19, 2008 - Wisconsin

* February 26, 2008 - Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho

Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wyoming

* March 4, 2008 - Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wyoming

* March 7, 2008 - Colorado, Utah

* March 8, 2008 - Kansas

* March 11, 2008 - Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas

* March 18, 2008 - Illinois, Oregon

* April 2008 (date to be determined) - Alaska

* April 1, 2008 - Pennsylvania

* May 6, 2008 - Indiana, North Carolina

* May 13, 2008 - Nebraska, West Virginia

* May 20, 2008 - Arkansas, Kentucky

* May 27, 2008 - Washington

* June 3, 2008 - Alabama, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota

* June 10, 2008 - California

New Endorser:President Bush, President Clinton, President Ford, President H.W. Bush, President Carter, Speaker of the House: Nancy Pelosi & a change in all the new Governors that were elected in 2006

Candidates added:Governor Tom Vilsack of Iowa , Senator Barack Obama of Illinois

(V2)

The extra Alabama governor Deleted.

Republican Candidates added: George Pataki (NY), Mike Huckabee (AR), Duncan Hunter (CA)

Democratic Candidates added: AL Gore (TN), Evan Bayh (IN),

New Republican VP Candidates:Jim Webb*, Rick Santorum, Olympia Snowe, Tommy Thompson, Sam Brownback, Colin Powell, Duncan Hunter, George Pataki, Mike Huckabee.

New Democratic VP Candidate: Tom Vilsack, Barack Obama, Tom Daschle, Harold Ford Jr, Joe Lieberman, Jim Webb, Christopher Dodd, and Bill Nelson

(V3)

Fixes on Candidates: Ages fixes on all candidates and VP

Change among Candidates: Warner (Turn off but still there) Allen (turn off cause he won't run after 2006 lost but still there) Frist (Turn off Cause he annouce he was not going to seek the presidency in 2008)

New Republican VP: Elizabeth Dole, Michael Steele, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Mitch Mcconnell, Mel Martine

New Democratic VP: Mark Easley, Eliot Spitzer, Martin O'Malley

New Endorser: ACLU, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, House Minority Leader John Boehner , Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, Sen Majority Leader Harry Reid, Former President H. W. Bush, Former President Carter, Former President Clinton, Former President Ford.

If anyone can get me a list of the senators or a link where I can find them, I would me more than happy to add them in V4

Your feedback is always encourge

Daniel Now am sending them out

let me know if you have trouble with 2008 V3 or didn't get it. oh Yea I forgot to put a subject line in the e-mail so my e-mail is Danieldlmn@sbcglobal.net

I'm going to email you now but I am having serious problems getting this to run. I'm being told multiple files are missing, the first of which is the percentages XML.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Nevermind, I got it to work now. The first time I tried to download it I only got half of the package. I can't wait to try it out!

let me know what you think?

One thing I for got mention is I have new Interviewer too!

Interviewers: Times mag, USA Today, Rush Limbaugh, Larry King Live, Anderson Cooper 360, Dateline, Meet The Press, Paula Zahn Now, Situation Room.

It ran pretty well. Some of the endorsements had an issue. I played as Barack Obama and won the endorsements of President Bush and both the House and Senate minority leaders without trying. I didn't win those by a small margin either it was 100 to 30ish. Needless to say I won 48 states and had a pretty easy run through on easy. I'll be playing the next few ones on medium and hard.

Nice simulation. A very nice improvement on the default game.

A few (minor) notes:

1) I think you have Obama and Huckabee underrated on a number of stats (specifically charisma). And there's no way that Bayh gets a 4 for charisma. The guy is a total stiff.

2) Brownback would be a good person to add on the GOP side since it looks more and more like he will jump in. Richardson would be fun to have, but not essential. Tom Tancredo, Mike Gravel, and Chris Dodd have all pretty much said they are running as well, but I doubt any of them are credible enough to win much support.

3) The endorsements may be a bit overpowered. Gaining 51 footsoldiers is an incredibly huge boost. I'm not sure that accurately reflects the influence of these people. Is Steny Hoyer really powerful enough to swing a primary like that? Maybe Bill Clinton and George W. Bush could, but I think these need to toned down overall. Also, I don't know how to do this, but Hillary absolutely should win Bill's endorsement if she's a candidate. Is there a way to set her default influence number for him to 100?

4) Duncan Hunter is too credible of a candidate.

5) If there's a way to add an independent, Mike Bloomberg would be an interesting option. I doubt he will run, but a guy with cross-appeal and hundreds of millions of dollars to burn could at least match Perot, if not do significantly better.

IHMO, you should remove the Ford, Carter, and H.W. Bush endorsements. Ford may very well be dead in 2008 (granted, he's healthy now, but still, he's in his 90's), Carter is a good man, but not exactly a person many people would trust picking who would be best for President, and I don't see H.W. Bush having an amazing effect on candidates.

Also, Gore is NOT that liberal. If he's that liberal, Bradley must be similar to Dennis Kucinich! (Remember, in 2000, Bradley ran against Gore in the primaries from the more leftist part of the Democratic party)

Make his stance on Iraq center-left, environment left, Iran center-left, gun control center-left, health care center-left, education center-left, immigration center, unions center-left (Far-left? He would of never became Vice President), balanced budget center, outsourcing center-left, same-sex marriage center, and social security left.

Make Kerry's stance on Iraq war center-left (he'd be centrist on it in 2004, though)

Change two of these issue stances to mine if you want:

Iran

Far-left: Iran is not a threat to world peace, they deserve to have nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.

Terrorism

Far-left: Imperialist aggression and exploitation is the main cause of terrorism in the world.

Edit: Evan Bayh can make himself VP.