270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
danieldlmn

Major Update to 2008 election

I don't think Burns will be a serious contender... I can't even find a picture of him. I would make it a 4-way free for all between Stanhope, Kubby, Phillies and Smith... with the others behind but not terribly (after all, it is the LP. Anything could happen).

I don't think Burns will be a serious contender... I can't even find a picture of him. I would make it a 4-way free for all between Stanhope, Kubby, Phillies and Smith... with the others behind but not terribly (after all, it is the LP. Anything could happen).

This is Burns:

Candidate15778.jpg

I hope he's not a contender. People who think it's wise to campaign with a confederate flag give me the willies, and I live in Georgia.

This is Burns:

Candidate15778.jpg

I hope he's not a contender. People who think it's wise to campaign with a confederate flag give me the willies, and I live in Georgia.

Jesus Christ, is that a Confederate tie? Can you get any tackier?

V8

Population outcome fixed

New updated primaries dates

endorser: Maine 2 senators moved to decided but not endorsed for John McCain in light of this story!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Maine's two senators -- among the more centrist Republicans in the Senate -- have endorsed Sen. John McCain's likely presidential bid, the Arizona Republican's presidential exploratory committee announced Monday. Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins will serve as co-chairs of McCain's exploratory committee in Maine and Josh Tardy, the GOP leader in the state's House of Representatives, will server as vice chair. Snowe said she has known McCain "for many years," and finds him to be "genuine, straightforward, and honest." "He understands the issues facing our nation and has a proven track record of addressing the challenges we face," Snowe said in a statement. Collins, who serves with McCain on the Senate Armed Services Committee, praised his foreign policy credentials and said, "I can think of no better person to lead our nation than John McCain." Both Snowe and Collins have come out against President Bush's plan to increase troops in Iraq, a move McCain strongly supports.

Democratic primaries and caucuses

January 14, 2008 - Iowa

January 19, 2008 - Nevada

January 22, 2008 - New Hampshire┬ž

January 29, 2008 - South Carolina

February 5, 2008 - Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas[2], Delaware, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma,Utah

February 10, 2008 - Maine

February 12, 2008 - District of Columbia, Tennessee, Virginia

February 19, 2008 - Wisconsin

February 26, 2008 - Hawaii, Idaho

March 4, 2008 - American Samoa, Democrats Abroad, Guam, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Virgin Islands, Wyoming, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont

March 7, 2008 - Colorado

March 8, 2008 - Kansas

March 11, 2008 - Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi

March 18, 2008 - Illinois, Oregon

April 1, 2008 - Pennsylvania, Alaska, Puerto Rico

May 6, 2008 - Indiana

May 13, 2008 - Nebraska, West Virginia

May 20, 2008 - Kentucky

May 27, 2008 - Washington

June 3, 2008 - Montana, South Dakota, California

Republican primaries and caucuses

January 21, 2008 - Iowa

January 28, 2008 - New Hampshire

February 2, 2008 - South Carolina

February 5, 2008 - Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah, West Virginia, Florida, Michigan

February 12, 2008 - Tennessee

February 9, 2008 - Louisiana

February 19, 2008 - Minnesota, Wisconsin

February 26, 2008 - Virginia

March 4, 2008 - Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Pennsylvania, American Samoa, Guam, Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Island

March 11, 2008 - Mississippi, Washington

March 18, 2008 - Illinois

April 1, 2008 - Puerto Rico

April 15, 2008 - Colorado

April 26, 2008 - Kansas, Nevada

May 6, 2008 - Indiana, Alaska

May 10, 2008 - Wyoming

May 13, 2008 - Nebraska

May 20, 2008 - Kentucky, Oregon

May 27, 2008 - Idaho

June 3, 2008 - California, South Dakota

June 6, 2008 - Hawaii

June 9, 2008 - Montana

May 23 to May 26, 2008 - 2008 Libertarian National Convention, to be held in Denver, Colorado.

Candidates added for Libertarian Party: Steve Kubby of California, George Phillies of Massachusetts, Christine Smith of Colorado Doug Stanhope of Arizona .

Didn't know if anyone else had, but I never received V8

calesullivan@hotmail.com

Are the populations supposed to be set really, really, low?

It's not the populations. The universal alienated % is set too high. It's 90, move it down to 40 for more realistic vote totals.

Florida has already moved their primary up to Jan 29, despite warnings from both the DNC and RNC that they will basically eliminate all non-super delegates from the FL delegation...

Anyone else think this is getting a little ridiculous?

Florida has already moved their primary up to Jan 29, despite warnings from both the DNC and RNC that they will basically eliminate all non-super delegates from the FL delegation...

Anyone else think this is getting a little ridiculous?

Yes we still need our super-Tuesday!

Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine will endorse Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, perhaps as early as the weekend, two officials said Wednesday. I will be making change from leaning to obama to decided obama

What are people's thoughts about changing the cut-off in the politicalunits file to 15% for the Democrats...This is what it is in real-life, and I tried it out (I also went and found the list of primaries on Wikipedia and changed all of the ones in the scenario to best fit that, and moved CA up to Feb. 5, and FL up to Jan. 29) playing as John Edwards and clinched the nomination by March 11...

Also, people dropped out a lot earlier too...Bill Richardson dropped out immediately after winning the FL primary, my mouth dropped.

I'd much appreciate the chance to try it as well.

My email is ogondai@lycos.com

Kinda ticks me off that I can't even play as my preferred candidate (Richardson).