270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
danieldlmn

Major Update to 2008 election

Hi all:

While playing a game as John Edwards, the situation going into the Democratic Convention was:

John Edwards, with 2139 Delegates, 35 states and territories

Hillary Clinton, with 1654 Delegates, 19 states and territories

Al Gore, with 520 Delegates, with California only

Northern Mariana Island didn’t count

2157 delegates are needed for the nomination so it was a broken convention.

Then, Al gore throw his support behind Hillary Clinton, and my candidate John Edwards, despite being a handful of delegates shy of the nomination and having won the majority of the states, was left without the nomination. Furthermore, I was given the option to continue playing as Hillary. I was fuming! :angry:

Then, I though about pulling a Joe Liberman strategy and running John Edwards as an independent.

I am wondering: Can we do something like that with a scenario change, or it has to be done at the program level. :unsure:

It is just a provoking though, but if it worked in real life, perhaps we should consider it as an addition to the game.

From-CA

PD: BTW, thank you all for all your comments and hard work. You are GREAT!!! :D

Hi all:

While playing a game as John Edwards, the situation going into the Democratic Convention was:

John Edwards, with 2139 Delegates, 35 states and territories

Hillary Clinton, with 1654 Delegates, 19 states and territories

Al Gore, with 520 Delegates, with California only

Northern Mariana Island didn’t count

2157 delegates are needed for the nomination so it was a broken convention.

Then, Al gore throw his support behind Hillary Clinton, and my candidate John Edwards, despite being a handful of delegates shy of the nomination and having won the majority of the states, was left without the nomination. Furthermore, I was given the option to continue playing as Hillary. I was fuming! :angry:

Then, I though about pulling a Joe Liberman strategy and running John Edwards as an independent.

I am wondering: Can we do something like that with a scenario change, or it has to be done at the program level. :unsure:

It is just a provoking though, but if it worked in real life, perhaps we should consider it as an addition to the game.

From-CA

PD: BTW, thank you all for all your comments and hard work. You are GREAT!!! :D

That is a tantalizing game idea! You should post this not in a modding thread, but in the Game Features and Ideas forum. B)

Hi. I'm new (although I played the 2004 version of the game and lost it when my old computer died on me). If it is possible to send me the much discussed scenario (jimservo@aol.com) I would much appreciate it. I would be glad to look it over and forward any suggestions I have as well.

in V6 there will be a slight change in the delegates due to new Democrats and Republicans taking office.

On the Democrats side: it now take 2,179 to get nomination

on the republican side now it take 1,259 to win the nomination

V6

Gingrich color change to light-green

Delegate change number to match the update after the 2006 election

Republican delegates: Total: 2,516/ Number of delegates needed to win: 1,259

Democratic delegates : Total: 4,356/ Number of delegates needed to win: 2,179

Candidates added: former Gov. Jim Gilmore ®, Tommy Thompson ®, Michael Bloomberg (Ind)

VP taken out Mel Martinez (Cuba Born)

New National endorser add: Chairman Howard Dean on may 1st. Chairman Mel Martinez on may 1st.

percentages change in Iowa and New Hampshire to match new polls

Am sending it out around midnight.

I just sen sent how 2008 V6 let me know if you didn't get a copy and I will get one to you. As always your suggestion and feedback is alway wanted

Thank you, Daniel

Looks good. I just browsed through the candidates a bit (just got the scenario, so I haven't played yet), and I noticed Kucinich has no stats to speak of. Now, I know he's really liberal and is unlikely to win, but I don't think his stats should be that bad. 1 Experience for someone who has served in politics since the late 1970's? No issue familiarity, low stamina, etc. It just doesn't seem completely appropriate.

That's just the initial observation. If you had a real reason for doing so (game balance or what not), then I could probably see why you did that.

Looks good. I just browsed through the candidates a bit (just got the scenario, so I haven't played yet), and I noticed Kucinich has no stats to speak of. Now, I know he's really liberal and is unlikely to win, but I don't think his stats should be that bad. 1 Experience for someone who has served in politics since the late 1970's? No issue familiarity, low stamina, etc. It just doesn't seem completely appropriate.

That's just the initial observation. If you had a real reason for doing so (game balance or what not), then I could probably see why you did that.

I think Clark/Bayh has done it because Kucinich won way too many primaries before,even when he started off with 1%.

And the reason Kucinich wins so many primaries is that he gets a lot of endorsements, because his stance on most issues is the closest to the Far-Left of the endorsers.