270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
danieldlmn

Major Update to 2008 election

Well I just finished playing a game as Dennis Kucinich and I came really close to stealing the Democratic nomination. I ran a complete insurgency campaign focusing on Iraq and the War on Terrorism. The democratic convention was split with Kucinich, Hillary and Kerry each had about the same amount of delegates and Clark stuck it out to the end having about half the amount of delegates as Hillary, Kucinich and Kerry.

I don't understand why you gave Kucinich such low ratings in integrity and leadership. Sure he may be a little wacky but but he is not that unethical or incompetent IMO. For the republican field I wished you added in Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska. I would like to see how an anti-war Republican would do. Over all very good.

I hope you don't mind, but I edited your 2008 v.5 to add Republican primaries for Americans abroad, and Democratic Primaries for the Norths Marianis Islands, and gave the territories 3 EV's each. I'm planning on making it publically available, but if anyone asks nicely and clark/bayh 2008 gives his approval, I shall send it to you

Also, Bob Barr (former R-GA congressman, House Impeachment Manager, strip club patron) switched parties from the GOP to the Libertarians this week. He has disclaimed any interest in running for office again, but I think he'd be a lock for the Libertarian nomination if he ever were to want it, so you might want to include him, might not...just thought I'd let you know

Also, Bob Barr (former R-GA congressman, House Impeachment Manager, strip club patron) switched parties from the GOP to the Libertarians this week. He has disclaimed any interest in running for office again, but I think he'd be a lock for the Libertarian nomination if he ever were to want it, so you might want to include him, might not...just thought I'd let you know

I don't think so, his views are pretty out of the Libertarian mainstream. He's a pretty hard core culture warrior.

untitleddw6.png

I thought I would give you guys a sneak peak at 2008 V6

I play from the start of the pirmaries. While the parties fought it out, I did my ground work for the general and get my establishment up from 2 to 5 to putting me on equal footing with the major parties. but i was still at 5% nationwide in march after march I work on getting Mccain to drop out of the republican party's pirmaries and join my ticket. by mid april I got him to join my ticket which gave me a boot to 10% in the polls and kind of screw the republican ticket and kind of help the dems. Gore choose Kerry as VP and Brownback choose Huckabee as VP.

Kucinich should definitely not get the kooky ratings you've given to him. Even if I campaign like 5 times in the same state my percentages still stay at zero ;) Other than that, nice work :)

IMHO, Kucinich is way too low. Granted, he isn't going to win elections anytime soon, but his stats should be:

Leadership: 3

Integrity: 4

Experience: 3

IF: 4

Charisma: 3

Stamina: 4

Debating skill: 3

How well known: Low

How well established: 1

I understand you don't want him winning primaries easily, but I doubt he'd win THAT much with these stats. Also, if you do change him, don't forget to change his VP stats too (same goes with any other candidate).

Also, you can put the offical 80soft far-left stances for War on Terror and Iran in now. :P

Does turning Bloomberg off revert back to the same pre-Bloomberg balance? Because I suspect a lot of people, myself included, would like to play games without the fairly unlikely event that Bloomberg enters.

I hope you don't mind, but I edited your 2008 v.5 to add Republican primaries for Americans abroad, and Democratic Primaries for the Norths Marianis Islands, and gave the territories 3 EV's each. I'm planning on making it publically available, but if anyone asks nicely and clark/bayh 2008 gives his approval, I shall send it to you

FYI, if you weren't aware, those weren't included because they don't exist. But either way, do whatever.

Please send me a copy - and if possible instructions on how to install it.

Thanks, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

RAWSON

michaelrawson@hotmail.com

IMHO, Kucinich is way too low.

Biden is also weirdly low. 2 for leadership, 1 for integrity and 2 for issue knowledge are the ones that really stand out. Obviously, his integrity shouldn't be 3 because of the plagiarism thing, but 1 is Nixonian. He's also pretty well known as a policy wonk, so his knowledge should be, I feel, 4.

Biden is also weirdly low. 2 for leadership, 1 for integrity and 2 for issue knowledge are the ones that really stand out. Obviously, his integrity shouldn't be 3 because of the plagiarism thing, but 1 is Nixonian. He's also pretty well known as a policy wonk, so his knowledge should be, I feel, 4.

It's an attempt to keep him and Kucinich from gaining such massive momentum early on and sweeping the early primaries - which they manage to do anyway.

Does turning Bloomberg off revert back to the same pre-Bloomberg balance? Because I suspect a lot of people, myself included, would like to play games without the fairly unlikely event that Bloomberg enters.

Yes is does I just got done playing the pirmaries with out Bloomberg and were in the General election it 44% Gore 45% McCain with PA NH ME MI NV IA in play