270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brak60

An Idea for the game

Forgive me if this has already been suggested or has already been addressed. I've gone through alot of the suggestions, but I hadn't seen this yet.

Would it be possible for the candidate (and perhaps his/her running mate) to visit more than one state in a day. Perhaps making a three state swing through adjoining states? I would assume that it would cost more campaign and "health" points.

Also, could it be possible to choose which markets are airing your ads, so they may affect more than just one state? For instance, buying Chicago airtime affects not only Illinois but also Wisconsin and Indiana.

Thank you,

Brak60

I like the idea of buy markets as opposed to states. But we are all waiting for a new update and are all agreed we would rather get the update without some of the ideas we have stated, and just add them on later.

How about instead of City Markets overlap, have a Cable TV option.

So instead of 50 states, you could have like 10 Cable "regions".

Where you can run a Pro NRA ad on the Southern Cable market, and a Pro-Health Care ad in the Northwest.

Have it effect less pre State but have it effect the entire region.

Then you can specify individual States that need...shoring up.

I also think would be kind of cool (since money wasn't a problem for anyone this time around), is to have daily On-line donations.

The money can go up and down as your candidate rises and YEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAWWWWLLLs all the way down.

And a way you can make CPs more valuable, you have to option like Polling, where you commit a CP as long as you want to solicit On-line donations.

The CP could be considered the Web Master of shorts.

Also I think might be cool is if at the end of the primary you get the option to opt out of public financing for the general Election.

So you can either keep whatever you got in the bank and whatever you can raise from going forward...

or you can get 76 or so million.

But alas, much like everyone here, this could be an update.

It's hard (and stupid) to give ideas about an update you haven't played with yet...

Forgive me if this has already been suggested or has already been addressed. I've gone through alot of the suggestions, but I hadn't seen this yet.

Would it be possible for the candidate (and perhaps his/her running mate) to visit more than one state in a day. Perhaps making a three state swing through adjoining states? I would assume that it would cost more campaign and "health" points.

Also, could it be possible to choose which markets are airing your ads, so they may affect more than just one state? For instance, buying Chicago airtime affects not only Illinois but also Wisconsin and Indiana.

Thank you,

Brak60

you can in the game political mashene

Makes sense...probably should be a scandal-type story if you refuse the federal money for the general election (there'd be backlash from it, for sure).

As to ads, that would involve splitting markets similar to the way Australia's broken up, but not detaching the EVs from it...not sure how to pull that.