270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
yernirsh

General election way too easy?

I am not the best player or strategist by any means. The primaries are tough (in a good way) -- I lose maybe half the time when I play primaries. But then I go onto the general election (in the 2008 scenario), and I have no problem wiping out the competition. I've played as Mark Warner and Newt Gingrich, and thanks to an advertising blitz in all 50 states (for which i did no fundraising -- just used the $70m they gave me), I was ranked "godly" both times.

Also I often "triumph" in debates because, for whatever reason, the computer players don't seem to work on their debating/issue knowledge skills. They certainly ignore them entirely during the primaries.

Has anybody noticed that the general election is really easy?

I've found the opposite to be true. I've played as Edwards and Clinton in 2008 and Dean in 2004, and each time I get to the general election, the electorate is completely lop-sided against me and I only lose ground from there. Maybe I'm missing something, but I KNOW I'm a better player than that (if I can bring Mondale to victory in '84, certainly Hillary Clinton has a chance). Also, how are you fundraising in the general election? That control kinda disappears after the primaries.