270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Creigl

Confederate Scenarios

Guys, lets get some "C4E" (Confederate For-ever) scenarios going and see what all we've got.

We've got the 1st the "The Loosely Based on the Guns of the South" 1866 Scenario

We've got an 1864 CSA Scenario

We've got my Provisional Alternate Nov. 1861 Election

We also have that 2005 scenario

I also am working on a scenario for my Alternate History. You know the skeletal timeline, wars, and elections and parties? All that will be in my (whatever format it is, book hopefully) The Lost Chronicles.

Ideas, Flags, Alt hist., Presidents, Parties, Electoral votes, etc. Let's get our heads together. The Turtledove fans are welcome to contribute as well. (I'm one of them - hopefully in the next Settling Accounts book Patton will break through N. VA. and capture Washington and smash through to Philly. Though that Plant up in Washington is beginning to scare me.) :) Cheers!

First, let me say I'd love to see your storyline turned into book form and if it ever happens, tell me where I can buy myself a copy.

Second, I have my crazy scenario for 2005 where I have Zell Miller as a State's Right Democrat along with Trent Lott. I have Al Gore and Dick Gephardt as possible candidates for a more Centrist/Centrist-Left Independence Party candidates. I have John Edwards as the fringe Liberal candidate. I have George W. Bush as the Confederate, strong central government, candidate for President. I need to come up with a few different issues for the election, but those are my general ideas for a 2005 election. I think I actually used one of your listed Presidents as the former President in my scenario :D

Will do MattyN. I can't wait to play your 2005 scenario. I mistakenly listed it as 2007 you'll see that I changed it. Well, what do yall think about the 3rd CS election? Who could've possibly been some of the contenders? Issues?

What about the elections near WWI or II in OTL (presuming they occur in yalls TL)?

Suggestions for Presidential elections:

Samuel Willis Tucker Lanham - (1846-1908) Former Confederate soldier, and Governor of Texas from 1903 - 1907. - Did a bit on election reform - Democrat

Charles A. Culberson - (1855-1925) - Governor of Texas, (January 15, 1895 - January 17, 1899), 4 straight terms as Senator from Texas after that - Democrat - Believed in State's Rights to the point where he felt that Prohibition should be determined by the states, not by the federal government. He outlawed prize-fighting. He also made certain there was a single textbook for all public schools in the state of Texas.

Henry Brewer Metcalf - Prohibitionist from Ohio - Ran as the VP Candidate for the Prohibition Party in 1900. I can't find much else on him besides that.

Claude Augustus Swanson - (1862-1939) - He served seven terms in the House of Representatives (1893-1906); was governor of Virginia (1906-1910) and United States Senator (1910-1933); and served as secretary of the navy under President Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1939). As governor, Swanson persuaded the General Assembly to reform the public school system, improve rural roads, and create the position of state health commissioner - Democrat

Just some suggestions of people.

MattyN, To tell the truth I'd never heard of 'em (like SSVegeta123243) but now I know them and I'll honour the CS vet and try to implement them all. (Perhaps even the OH gentleman in an occupied Ohio??) :)

Well, all for now. Lets keep brainstorming and keep each other posted...in this post.... :)

I purposly picked people who were lesser known to the average person. My thought was that in a smaller environment, a smaller nation, the Governor of a large state such as Texas would become much more known on the national scale. Swanson, who actually served in the Cabinet of President Roosevelt, would definately have been known on the national scale in the CSA, being the Governor of Virginia, which housed the Capital.

Plus, I figured the Prohibition Party candidate for VP would be a fun one to add :D

Amen, MattyN. That's true. Also it is neat to move people around after a war or etc. For example in the British American War I have one of the wright brothers killed in action fighting the British as they invade Ohio. So that means no US First in flight. (Plus if they did build the Flyer it wouldn't have passed the border guards to Kitty Hawk, NC, so I had a Frenchman (who was inventing around that time) devlop and fly the 1st plane) Interesting eh?

:D:D HEY! GREAT Work!!!!!! :D:D MattyN. That's great!! The pictures help make it all worthwhile..... many times. I've got a lot a altered pictures for THE LOST CHRONICLES. Like Hitler and Roosevelt meeting. :o JFK in the NAZI Navy :o:o what the nation looks like, hint: a VERY LARGE CSA, Modern CSA Money, Magazines, etc.

SSVegeta123243, Sorry you are lost but Alt. History can get twisty many times. :) But its fun nonetheless.

Gotta run! Busy day today.

Ahh, I finally won my scenario I've created...tho, not electorally :rolleyes:

I got 106 electoral votes as Zell Miller and Congress decided I was to be the next President. I tied in the total vote percentage to George W. Bush...and beat him, Gephardt, and Edwards electorally :D

MattyN,

Great Job! Congrats.

Did any of yall play my 1861 Provisional Confederate Election? Notice the State Flags are all the Confederate State flags, except Arkansas (they didn't make one). If any of yall need flag pics, holler at me I also have the 1st National (the flag I used as the National Flag in the scenario) the 2nd and Current (or 3rd) National Flag.

Lemme know how yall won too? Or any suggestions? God bless!

MattyN,

You got that CSA Scenario ready for posting? Lets hope "the Supreme Administrator" will get it posted soon. I can't wait to see how you've done! (Not to mention play that scenario!) :)

Hardrightconservative,

Thank you for the compliments on my 1861 Scenario. :D

I enjoyed it immensly (SP?). I loved the touch of having the USA visible as well. Terriffic job!! :):) I'm working on an 1873 CSA Election now in my Alternate history timeline in order to get it into a working P4E (or C4E) Scenario. :)

Thanks Hardrightconservative. Same here, I look forward to some more of your scenarios as well.

Off to bed for now. Enjoyed our posts, catch yall (maybe tomorrow, its going to be busy) later!

SSVEGETA123243,

HUZZAH! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Where do I SIGN up! "Save your Confederate Money boys - not to mention those CSA Bonds, we've got over 140 years worth of interest to collect!" - Timothy Ruff.

God save the South!