270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

President Forever + Primaries FAQ

That's a party-wide variable, and can't be changed in the candidate editor.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant the national %s for the general election, not the primary. Thanks for the other response though.

Just a question, when I change the issues manually in the issues file as one has to the game gives me an error message on the "Creating game... please wait" screen when I try to start up the game: "Access violation at address 005925F6 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000008." and then the game won't start. Is there something else I have to do to get the issues to work? They work just fine in the candidate editor. I've gotten everything else about modifying scenarios down, but changing issues would be nice.

Just a question, when I change the issues manually in the issues file as one has to the game gives me an error message on the "Creating game... please wait" screen when I try to start up the game: "Access violation at address 005925F6 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000008." and then the game won't start. Is there something else I have to do to get the issues to work? They work just fine in the candidate editor. I've gotten everything else about modifying scenarios down, but changing issues would be nice.

What are you changing in the issues? There are several places that access the issues file. They are in the parties.xml and political_units.xml. Just make sure the id's correlate and you should be fine.

What I changed with the issues was 17 out of 18 of the issue names and all of the issue positions, and I did go through both political units and parties and replace all the old names with the new names. Nothing's seemed to work. And I'm pretty certain it's not a problem with the ID correlation because it works fine in the candidate editor.

Actually, the weird thing is that when I try to start the game up and I close it, the political units file has reverted to the old issues (like, my editing program says that the file has been modified and would I like to reload, and then when I do it has the old issues).

With this latest update, the error message has changed, and now reads: "Access violation at address 0058DD42 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000008." However, there is still an error message. I'm sort of confused, since I think it has stopped editing my files to the default issues but it still isn't working.

With this latest update, the error message has changed, and now reads: "Access violation at address 0058DD42 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000008." However, there is still an error message. I'm sort of confused, since I think it has stopped editing my files to the default issues but it still isn't working.

One thing to check is that there are 18 issues in total. The game won't work with more or less.

Hi mahaadoxyz,

At this point, we aren't providing support for custom scenarios. This will change shortly.

We will be announcing the change in scenario support when it happens on the 80soft board.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

There are definitely 18 issues. There's no doubt of that. It's really weird.

What I changed with the issues was 17 out of 18 of the issue names and all of the issue positions, and I did go through both political units and parties and replace all the old names with the new names. Nothing's seemed to work. And I'm pretty certain it's not a problem with the ID correlation because it works fine in the candidate editor.

I've had the same problem. Hours of work wasted.

I notice a couple of Mistakes in the Scripting event set up. When you set a condition for the event, the event won't happen. even if you put for the event to happen on a certain day and check that it must happen. But if you leave the condition empty, the event will happen. Another thing I notice is that when you want to effect certain Leader it won't effect that person. For instant I wanted an event to happen for Huckabee so I put that the condition were that he had to exist for the event to happen but it never happened. but when I left the condition Blank the event happened but the effect never happened for him. I want to give him positive momentum but it never happened. If you need more information just let me know. Daniel

Question: Is there a way to make a crusader be available for ONLY the General Election? One instance of this would be having an outgoing incumbent President wait until there is a nominee before supporting anybody

WRT the proportional support, it would appear that changing the 'PPR' to 'PR' should do it (unless something is hard coded. Also, how would you handle a situaltion like Maine and Nebraska, who award EVs by giving 2 EV to the overall winner and then 1 EV per district.

Changing General Election from FPP to PR does not work... will something like this ever be available? PLEASE?!? :D

Is there any way to change what the "vice-leader" is called? For example, if you're making a scenario for a gubernatorial election, to be able to select a "Lt. Governor" instead of a "Vice President"?