Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

President Forever + Primaries v. 1.00.1

Hey everybody,

We have now released v. 1.00.1. In particular, this:

- fixes the international Windows decimal problem

- enables the AutoUpdate

- fixes the 2004 primaries date problem

If you still have a download available on your link in your original e-mail, you should be able to download the new version using the same link.

We recommend you uninstall your current version first (by clicking the Windows Start button > Programs > President Forever + Primaries > Uninstall) and then install the new version.

We will be sending out e-mails to everyone with v. 1.00.0, but it may take some time. Again, if there is a download available on the link you were sent, you can just download again from the same link and install the new version.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

The 80soft Team

I downloaded the new version, but the game itself still says "v. 1.0.00.0" in the title bar and on the main screen.

same

Will this address in any way the "Index out of bounds (n)" error that's been occuring in the general election? Also, I've had difficulty using the "Offers" feature in the primary. It will not allow you to select something for each person (in other words, you can offer to withdraw but you cannot select for the other person to give you the veep slot in exchange, for example).

Will this address in any way the "Index out of bounds (n)" error that's been occuring in the general election? Also, I've had difficulty using the "Offers" feature in the primary. It will not allow you to select something for each person (in other words, you can offer to withdraw but you cannot select for the other person to give you the veep slot in exchange, for example).

I'm waiting for version 1.00.5. I know that I can be a misery guts on here. But I'm just expressing what we all know is going to happen.

Why not post the patch on the main website?

I have only downloaded the game twice from my link, at home and at work. Anyways, I unistalled my work version to get the latest update and I got this:

"The use of the download link you are trying to access has been exceeded. "

I have only downloaded the game twice from my link, at home and at work. Anyways, I unistalled my work version to get the latest update and I got this:

"The use of the download link you are trying to access has been exceeded. "

Hmm...it's supposed to be three time before it expires. You'll have to email them for a new link I guess.

When I doubleclick the Autoupdater, I get the error "Invalid Parameters". Is it because there are no updates, or because my original download, which included everything else in 1.00.1, was corrupted by something?

The AutoUpdater will run automatically on game load - upon game load, you will be notified if there are updates and be given the option to download them. It won't work by clicking the program in the game folder.

Hope this helps,

When I doubleclick the Autoupdater, I get the error "Invalid Parameters". Is it because there are no updates, or because my original download, which included everything else in 1.00.1, was corrupted by something?

Just an observation... In the 2004 scenario there are two Gov. of Alabama: the real governer and "Gov. Name", just thought you may want to fix that at some point. Also in 2003, when the primary is set, James McGreevey was still Gov of NJ.

So uh is the Patch going to be emailed to us? By the way Anthony amazing Game it's Godly. I love it, election night is amazing except for the fact that state results are weird. I ran as Allen in 2008 he won a come from behind victory during the primary and he was ahead the whole time during the election winning states such as NY and Massachussetts by tremendous margins.... and Edwards won southern states and states from the Great Plains. I love the scheduling and all. Just allow us to have more CP points.

Otherwise great game- definetely worth it.

Thanks,

Constantine.

In 2004, it costs Dean a PIP to recruit his wife as a crusader. I'm thinking that's an oversight ;).

Edit: Also, woah, I just found out it's possible to spin in the primaries!

Anthony-

I got the patch and all, so far it's good except for a few things:

You need to make it harder for those traditionally red/blue states to become swing states. I know that in the Patch Version I have, I won but my opponent won: Alaska, Nebraska, Kansas, and another Very GOP State. I won a few Democratic ones easily as well. If you brought the strategy part of the game back such as the one in P4E 2004 it would be good so its easier to target ads instead of looking all over the map. So in essence make it harder to win states which traditionally lean one party if you are from the opposite party and bring back the Strategy part.

I just finished out my first game of P4E+P!

And while I'm excited about that, I also found some electoral irregularities...

Clark/Clinton vs. Giuliani/Owens: Giuliani won in a landslide, partially because nothing I did could swing any states over to my side. I managed to get Arkansas and Ohio, but couldn't secure Massachussetts and New York. I kind of understand the NY thing, given where Giuliani is from, but still... he won 95% of the vote in Mass. Even if a Democrat completely ignored MA, I don't see that happening. He also won 65% of the Illinois vote, 68% of the NJ vote, 71% of the MD vote, 80% of the Rhode Island vote, and so on... so either I'm the worst candidate in the world, or something isn't quite right there.

Is there a way to turn off the "Diebold" setting in this game?

Okay, I'm running 1.00.2 and have played through two games -- sort of. In both games, I played Clark through the primaries. In one of the games, I made it through election night; in the second, the game crashed when I hit "Done Turn" after the Republican Convention. (The error was "List Index Out of Bounds (-1)")

I also ran through a few games on version 1.00.0 and 1.00.1.

Here are my observations, some of which have been mentioned and some which I haven't seen.

- The offers system doesn't seem to work; which is frustrating because it would really be a cool feature.

- I have never seen anyone drop out of a primary, no matter how badly they are getting spanked. Biden will walk into the convention with his 68 delegates held high, knowing he has no chance and not seeming to care.

- Clinton wins every endorsement in the Democratic primary unless you sink PP or CP into Influence. Judging from the summary screen, it's the same with Giuliani on the other side. I would think Tim Kaine, for example, would be more likely to endorse Warner, and Brad Henry might be more likely to endorse someone like Biden. But as it stands now, it's Clinton or Giuliani except for the few you may have secured by pouring influence in. Nobody else gets endorsed as it stands now.

- It would be cool if, instead of having the game end when you lose a primary, you could take over the winner. At the very least, it would be nice to skip to election night to see how things worked out.

- In P4E, you knew which states were in your strategy by looking at the map (state symbols only appeared for states in your strategy). This definitely made some things easier; is there a way to bring that back (or something that does the same thing)?

- Vice Leader instead of Vice President... I'm not sure why it's worded that way.

- I continue to see unusual polling results. Directly after the Democratic convention, the Republican party leads 56% to 44% -- it's a lead that's difficult to overcome. Especially when the Republicans lead in California, Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania before the general election even begins.

- When creating ads during the primary, it would be helpful to have the primary date listed as it is on the strategy screen. Along the same lines, it would be helpful if your ads stopped airing in a state once its primary was held.

Overall, I love the game just like I love P4E... and once the game crashes/minor kinks are worked out, I know it will be worth the trouble.

That was intentional - given the problems Dean encountered with his wife not campaigning in 2004.

In 2004, it costs Dean a PIP to recruit his wife as a crusader. I'm thinking that's an oversight ;).

Edit: Also, woah, I just found out it's possible to spin in the primaries!

Thanks karatex for the very useful feedback.

Okay, I'm running 1.00.2 and have played through two games -- sort of. In both games, I played Clark through the primaries. In one of the games, I made it through election night; in the second, the game crashed when I hit "Done Turn" after the Republican Convention. (The error was "List Index Out of Bounds (-1)")

I also ran through a few games on version 1.00.0 and 1.00.1.

Here are my observations, some of which have been mentioned and some which I haven't seen.

- The offers system doesn't seem to work; which is frustrating because it would really be a cool feature.

- I have never seen anyone drop out of a primary, no matter how badly they are getting spanked. Biden will walk into the convention with his 68 delegates held high, knowing he has no chance and not seeming to care.

- Clinton wins every endorsement in the Democratic primary unless you sink PP or CP into Influence. Judging from the summary screen, it's the same with Giuliani on the other side. I would think Tim Kaine, for example, would be more likely to endorse Warner, and Brad Henry might be more likely to endorse someone like Biden. But as it stands now, it's Clinton or Giuliani except for the few you may have secured by pouring influence in. Nobody else gets endorsed as it stands now.

- It would be cool if, instead of having the game end when you lose a primary, you could take over the winner. At the very least, it would be nice to skip to election night to see how things worked out.

- In P4E, you knew which states were in your strategy by looking at the map (state symbols only appeared for states in your strategy). This definitely made some things easier; is there a way to bring that back (or something that does the same thing)?

- Vice Leader instead of Vice President... I'm not sure why it's worded that way.

- I continue to see unusual polling results. Directly after the Democratic convention, the Republican party leads 56% to 44% -- it's a lead that's difficult to overcome. Especially when the Republicans lead in California, Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania before the general election even begins.

- When creating ads during the primary, it would be helpful to have the primary date listed as it is on the strategy screen. Along the same lines, it would be helpful if your ads stopped airing in a state once its primary was held.

Overall, I love the game just like I love P4E... and once the game crashes/minor kinks are worked out, I know it will be worth the trouble.