270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Taft

P4EP Bug

Received a pointer overflow while trying to advance to next turn. (March 24 or so) Not sure how to reproduce but this is around the same game date when my last game went haywire as well.

Received access violation trying to save game (this was after reloading the above game from March 10, advanced a week then tried to save on March 17)

I'm having a lot of trouble here. Even if I win the nomination, as soon as it flips into presidential mode... I have negative cash. It happens with unmodified files, it happens if I give myself a million bajillion dollars to begin with. I can literally have 800 million in the bank before the convention, go into the convention, win, and the next morning be a billion dollars in debt, even though I'm not running any ads.

Guh?

Don't know if anyone has tried this, but I played as Powell in the 2004 Republican primaries. When states started to turn to me (but still before Iowa primaries), I get an error message (stupid me for not remembering which one now) and the game freezes. It seems as if the game freaks out if it looks like Bush would lose the GOP nomination! This happened in 2 different games, one before the early November update, and one afterwards. I would very much like to see Bush lose his own party's nomination! Please fix this bug so I can revel in his fall. :P

Don't know if anyone has tried this, but I played as Powell in the 2004 Republican primaries. When states started to turn to me (but still before Iowa primaries), I get an error message (stupid me for not remembering which one now) and the game freezes. It seems as if the game freaks out if it looks like Bush would lose the GOP nomination! This happened in 2 different games, one before the early November update, and one afterwards. I would very much like to see Bush lose his own party's nomination! Please fix this bug so I can revel in his fall. :P

The update fixed that...oh it was a glorious unseating...! Hahaha!

I still get a List Out of Bounds error message when I do Research against another candidate. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, as far as I can tell, as all I do is click on the OK button in the message box and then continue on with the game. It's probably something you'll want to look at, though.

I'm running the latest update.

Hi, Playing as George W. Bush in the 2004 Republican Primary unaposed, it seems when I try to release an ad, it skips the republicans, and goes straight to the Indpendants, so I cannot do a "boasting" ad. This is just a minor problem, but is an annoying one

Thanks, Dennis Kussinich 08

Now I have just found this problem with the Speeches.

NOTE: Posted this in a seperate thread, but might as well post it here

An observation WRT Issues. Sometimes the issues significance reaches a status called "Dominating" (which I presume is one level beyond "Very High" - . I also noticed that sometines it reaches a level called "Error". When this happens, the Issues name in the Platform screen is White (as opposed to purple, red, orange or yellow)

Also, I tried to change the significance level of an issue in a single state (specifically Social Security in Florida) and when I checked the platform screen, there was no change. It seems to ignore the state-specific levels and reads all of them from the National level

In the latest version I as a democrat in the primaries made an offer to Powell of the Republicans for him to be my VP. After my turn it said he withdrew from the race, it took my points I had offered, but he didn't become my VP and I later had to pick one

Thanks, we'll look into the Error level.

In P4EP, issue profiles are national, so you can't actually modify them state by state. This was just to make game play easier, so people don't have to juggle 51 different sets of issue profiles.

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

An observation WRT Issues. Sometimes the issues significance reaches a status called "Dominating" (which I presume is one level beyond "Very High" - . I also noticed that sometines it reaches a level called "Error". When this happens, the Issues name in the Platform screen is White (as opposed to purple, red, orange or yellow)

Also, I tried to change the significance level of an issue in a single state (specifically Social Security in Florida) and when I checked the platform screen, there was no change. It seems to ignore the state-specific levels and reads all of them from the National level

Did it say whether Powell had accepted or rejected the VP offer?

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

In the latest version I as a democrat in the primaries made an offer to Powell of the Republicans for him to be my VP. After my turn it said he withdrew from the race, it took my points I had offered, but he didn't become my VP and I later had to pick one

Thanks - do you have a save game file where, after offering the Veep spot to Powell, this happens? If so, it would help us greatly if you could you send the (zipped) save game file to us.

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Viceprez.jpg

That's what it said.

Thanks - do you have a save game file where, after offering the Veep spot to Powell, this happens? If so, it would help us greatly if you could you send the (zipped) save game file to us.

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Nah I don't sorry. I was able to get that screenshot by recreating what happened and made it happen a second time. I tried to recreate it a third time last night to get a save game file but Powell dropped out before I could get the nomination locked up where I could offer the VP Spot.

Ok, thanks, we'll look into this.

The 80soft Team

Nah I don't sorry. I was able to get that screenshot by recreating what happened and made it happen a second time. I tried to recreate it a third time last night to get a save game file but Powell dropped out before I could get the nomination locked up where I could offer the VP Spot.

Ok, thanks, we'll look into this.

The 80soft Team

I tried the same thing in the 08 scenario (being a democrat and offering a republican the VP spot) and it worked fine. So for some reason it might be limited to the 04 scenario? I was also thinking the problem might be that Powell is dropping out on the same turn that I'm offering the VP spot and therefore the computer takes the points from me thinking he accepted the VP spot when he withdrew?

Another bug I have encountered. I assume it's a bug anyway. I had done the 08 scenario, me as Warner against Gingrich. I had turned on primaries but turned off opponents in the primaries for each side so that it was mostly just a year long election between the two with attack ads back and forth and such. Anyway.. when election results happened, it was an incredibly low turnout in votes.

lowvotes.jpg

Hi again,

Thanks for this report - this is a bug that we have fixed, and will be part of the next update. When turning off candidates, the program was removing their supporters, instead of allocating them to the other candidates. This isn't that noticeable if you only turn off one or two smaller candidates, but if you remove a major candidate or most of them, it can cause very low turnout numbers and lop-sided general-election numbers.

Thanks again,

The 80soft Team

Another bug I have encountered. I assume it's a bug anyway. I had done the 08 scenario, me as Warner against Gingrich. I had turned on primaries but turned off opponents in the primaries for each side so that it was mostly just a year long election between the two with attack ads back and forth and such. Anyway.. when election results happened, it was an incredibly low turnout in votes.