270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Taft

P4EP Bug

Hi karatex,

Were you playing v. 1.00.1, or 1.00.2? (1.00.2 says '1.00.2' on the right side of the start screen)

I've tried running through this several times (including on the updated version), but I have not been able to play all the way through the game even one time. As soon as I win the primaries and try to barnstorm, I get the "List index out of bounds (8)" and at that point I cannot do anything.

Hi karatex,

Were you playing v. 1.00.1, or 1.00.2? (1.00.2 says '1.00.2' on the right side of the start screen)

It's supposed to be version 1.00.1, but it says 1.0.00.0 on the start screen.

I've got 1.00.2, but I'm still getting a s***load of errors and the game won't even play out, how soon will this issue, that everyone seems to have, be addressed?

I just got 1.00.2, and I didn't get the error after the Democratic primary.

The main polling screen only says "Democratic" or "Republican", as opposed to "Clark" or "Giuliani". I can live with that... we'll see if it actually lets me get to election night. There have been some pretty wild swings so far in the polling. Right now, Clark leads in Alabama and Giuliani leads in Massachusetts. But in general, most states are where I'd expect them to be.

Why does PF+P take up so much system resources?!?! It's insane. Sometimes I get warnings from Windows telling me my "virtual memory" is low, and once I got an in-game error (with the 1.00.2 patch) saying that there weren't enough system resources to perform that operation (I was planning my candidate's week).

It's not a problem on my end -- I have plenty of RAM, and the only other program I've got running in the background is anti-virus.

Couple of new bugs I've noticed...as Clinton, I can't research scandals against Guliani, possibly because we're both in the first spot. I also can't release scandals against Clark - I get an error.

Here are some bugs that I have found...

1. On Election Night, It will say you have won if you have 270 electoral votes currently even if the polls just closed and the results later change. This led to the next bug,

2. bug.jpg

3. Maybe a bug, maybe not, but TV ads seem to be a bit too powerful at times. I ran one against an oppenent with 7-8 power, yeah I knew it was going to be powerful, but in one state alone I got a jump of 30%. Thought that gaining 30% in a week off one ad was a bit unrealistic. Just thought I'd point that out.

Anyway, despite all the bugs, great game.

craverguy (8:26:05 AM): This is the highest turnout election ever. 140 million votes and counting. Make that 150 million votes. Half of the country voted. Not "half of the voters," I mean "half of the country." I think there may be a bug...unless these guys think the voting age will be lowered to 12 by '08. This is an increase of 33 million votes over '04.

Well, since voter turnout was around 55% in 2004, a gain of 33 million votes would make it an unheard-of 68% turnout. Maybe they managed to really charge up the electorate.

Here are some bugs that I have found...

1. On Election Night, It will say you have won if you have 270 electoral votes currently even if the polls just closed and the results later change. This led to the next bug,

2. bug.jpg

3. Maybe a bug, maybe not, but TV ads seem to be a bit too powerful at times. I ran one against an oppenent with 7-8 power, yeah I knew it was going to be powerful, but in one state alone I got a jump of 30%. Thought that gaining 30% in a week off one ad was a bit unrealistic. Just thought I'd point that out.

Anyway, despite all the bugs, great game.

The same thing happened when I lost the election as Gingrich, it declared I won, when Clinton really won. So somehow those need to be switched

Well, since voter turnout was around 55% in 2004, a gain of 33 million votes would make it an unheard-of 68% turnout. Maybe they managed to really charge up the electorate.
150 million votes. The US has about 300 million people, and the minimum age to vote is 18. That's an ungodly ammount of voters, and prehaps contributes to strange results during the general elections.

I have also had the above mentioned problem. I'm not sure if it's because I won the popular vote but not the electoral or because initially the game called the election for me, then Alaska went Republican.

bugto1.jpg

Hi Highland Call,

Every owner of P4EP was sent an e-mail with a link to download v. 1.00.2. If you haven't received one, e-mail us and we'll send one.

How did you get version 1.00.2?

When I press F1 for the help menu ingame, it doesn't seem to work. Both at title screen and while playing.

When I press F1 for the help menu ingame, it doesn't seem to work. Both at title screen and while playing.

One of the email we got sent said that the help function doesn't work in game yet. You have to access it through the start menu.

150 million votes. The US has about 300 million people, and the minimum age to vote is 18. That's an ungodly ammount of voters, and prehaps contributes to strange results during the general elections.

Yeah, I mean look at the screenshot I posted. In that one it was around 175 million votes lol.

I think I solved the mystery as to why Alabama and Alaska so frequently go to third parties in games with primaries. In the primaries, the game starts with massive amounts of undecideds which is ripe for the third party's taking. All of their primaries occur on the same day and they're unopposed, so the AI logically just campaigns in the most alphabetical states - Alabama and Alaska. When the general election rolls around, the third party has spent massive amounts of time there and thus has won over many, many undecideds.

So this problem will be solved once 80soft figures out how to make the voters more plastic for the general.

Nader is still starting out with zero funding. He has a '0' in the first line that gives funding in the XML file. Also, when I try to get him and Camejo to fundraise at the same time, I get a "List index out of bounds (5)" error.

I've had a few problems with President Forever + Primaries like

* I can't open my saved game

* I can't open the help file on the main menu

* Each time when I try to auto-update it comes up with Invalid Parameters

* P.S. Does anyone know what this is: Access violation at address 004DEF0E in module “p4e.exe”. Read of address 000011C0

Please help!

You have to access the help file throught the Start menu. The Auto-Updater works on it's own - nothing happens if you try to double-click on it.

Hi Conrad,

Q. I try to open the Help file by pressing F1 or clicking the Help button, and nothing happens. How do I open the help file?

The Help file is accessible by clicking your Windows Start button, then Programs > President Forever + Primaries > Help. Currently, this is the only way to access the game's Help file.

Can you tell us where are you getting the 'Access violation' error?

Thanks,

I've had a few problems with President Forever + Primaries like

* I can't open my saved game

* I can't open the help file on the main menu

* Each time when I try to auto-update it comes up with Invalid Parameters

* P.S. Does anyone know what this is: Access violation at address 004DEF0E in module “p4e.exe”. Read of address 000011C0

Please help!

I tried a few different ideas to get an idea just how much of an effect ads have.

1. This photo was after I ran a powerful (6-8's) attack ad (maybe more then 1 I can't remember) on my oppenent. virginiagain.jpg

2. This photo was with the difficulty set on hard. I saved the money the whole time and spent the time creating ads and a couple low impact scandals, then I released the ads and scandals in the final week. This is a graph of the gain in the US from it

USGain.jpg

3. Same game (I think) as number 2, but a graph of New Mexico

newmexicogain.jpg

So yeah I definatly think the effect ads have on an election should probably be turned down a bit because at the moment they seem a bit too powerful. Just my opinion..

Oh and I also noticed something else. If you click to use Insight on an Issue for an ad but decide to click cancel. If you then click to create the ad again, the Insight Icon will be gone even though you never used it.

Don't know if it's a bug,but I'll still post it here.

In my game with Warner I had about 1300 delegates after i had picked Edwards as Vp,and Hillary had about a hundred less.I had 100 relationship with Biden,Clark and Kerry, and they all had 1 relationship with Hillary.Still, at the convention, they gave her their delegates...