270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Taft

P4EP Bug

I couldn't release on Dean as Lieberman...or on Kerry...or Clark...in separate games.

I'm having trouble seeing more then 3 other candidates on the opposition research and the Intra party relationship screen. Anyone else having these problems?

I'm having trouble seeing more then 3 other candidates on the opposition research and the Intra party relationship screen. Anyone else having these problems?

I can view all candidates when doing scandal research and when looking at the intra party relation screen. Are the arrows for up and down or side to side not showing up for you?

Just found this one...when I'm making an offer as Dean or any other candidate besides Kerry in 2004, I can go all the way down, but when I go back up the list, I can't get back to Kerry.

Badnarik, 2004 or 2008. I got Clark to be my VP during the primaries, I think. I offered it to him, and the next turn (when you get the results if he accepted or not), PF crashed.

The primaries themselves are great. I'm sure the game crashing bugs will be fixed.

My HUGE problem is the general election that follows the primaries. It is simply horrible. I was Hilary Clinton v. John McCain. From the begininng he had a 30 pt lead in California, a 15 point lead in NY. Hil Clinton was winning by 25 points in Arizona and 14 pts in Texas!!! Also DC of all places was a swing state! I didnt like how votes were reported at 4pm...this never happens. Obviosuly there needs to be an option to speed up elections.

The AI needs a huge overhaul, because it is inaccurate and simply not fun.

Two thumbs down for me until this is fixed.

But with that said i love the primaries, the things that happen after are the things that need a major overhaul

I don't like election night. They've got the idea, but the way it evolves doesn't feel right. There are no announcements concerning polls or results only a steady stream of vote counting which you wouldn't be able to see perfectly either at home or as a candidate.

I don't know if this bug has been posted, but:

'1.5' is not a valid floating point value.

is the error message I receive when I try to start a game as Biden on the Hard setting.

Just finished my first, very fun, game as Lieberman in 2004.

Few issues...

1. Dean failed to win enough delegates (1200-ish) and I was third with about 500. Kerry was second with 550 or so. For the months after the New Jersey primary, candidates like Clark and Edwards kept making new campaign ads and releasing them against each other in states that were no longer in play.

2. As Lieberman I tried offering all sorts of deals to other candidates and it didn't work. If I wanted to offer to widthdraw and throw my support to Kerry earlier on, in exchange for his VP spot, it would only let me click one box or the other... not both at the same time. So I could only offer to widthdraw and give him my full support... or I could ask for his VP spot, but not both at the same time.

3. I'd like the option to throw my support behind someone at the convention if I have to be eliminated.

4. It'd be cool to see little popular vote dialog boxes along with the delegate results for each primary... that's a minor point though.

5. I created a scandal against Edwards, Low Power, and it gave me the same error that others are reporting. It doesn't crash the game, just an error box and it never actually releases the scandal.

Biggest error I found was space barring a general election of Clinton vs Allen with no primaries, Clinton won Mississippi and Allen won DC and HA. That's too much of a stretch. There seems to be way too many undeceided voters in the general election.

I LOVE ELECTION NIGHT, but we need a time compression button to speed it up and slow it down.

This is a sort of "not bug", but is there anyway for the effects of a primary win to take effect immediately, not a week later?

Edwards got 271 ev's, and won. Suddenly, he got to 266 ev's...and still won without Congress or anything. Also, it seems that once a winner is declared prematurely or not, it keeps the "winner" below the flag the same no matter what.

I offered a lot of PIP in order to drop out and become Dean's VP, and he accepted, but it then stated that I was eliminated from the game and the game ended, instead of allowing me to go on to campaign as his VP. Is that a glitch?

Hmm...it seems that the +/- on the map only reflects your movements, not the net of your movements and those of your nearest opponent.

When I was finally able to win the 2008 GOP primary as Newt Gingrich (taking Bill Owens as my VP), the map seemed to be screwed up (none of Edwards' foot soldiers showed up, but mine showed up as HIS -- blue! -- even though I could control them!). And then I clicked DONE TURN and got the error message, "List index out of bounds (-8)". Then I clicked done turn again, and all the red states turned white, and I got the error message, "List index out of bounds (-1)"

:angry:

Okay, I LOVE the new game but I've played it 6 times and only once has it succesfully played out to election night without crashing and when I was leading by 5%, suddenly I lost by 10%...

how soon can we expect the updates?

I haven't had any questions or major bugs. What would be nice, once the important issues get ironed out, is to have the states in the Primary Strategy and Ad lists ordered to reflect my popularity in each, like in the original version. That'd save a lot of time.