270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Taft

P4EP Bug

I hate to be the first to make a bug report, but in the 2004 primaries, all of the given primary dates are 2008 dates. Seems like a simple oversight, but I don't have a specific XML editor. There any way to fix this?

Couple of interesting things I noticed

1 - when the GOP convention came in 2008, the game froze.

2 - The Election Night is too slow.

3 - For me, my 2004 primaries are not "winning" in order. But my 2008 primaries, I get results from Iowa, New Hampshire, etc whereas in 2004 it's all in one rush.

Hi Taft,

Thanks for this - this has been fixed on this end, and will be included in the next patch.

You can also just open up the political_units.xml file with WordPad or NotePad, and then do a Replace > All command, with 2008 being replaced with 2004. This will fix it.

I hate to be the first to make a bug report, but in the 2004 primaries, all of the given primary dates are 2008 dates. Seems like a simple oversight, but I don't have a specific XML editor. There any way to fix this?

I noticed a bug. As Kucinich in 2004, I barnstormed Ohio untill my e-self turned blue in the face (ep's at 13/100) and he jumped from like, 12% in Ohio and got 42% in Ohio.

Looks like a very easy exploit.

Mrdie,

That's not an exploit. That happens in any one state really early on, since you've got a lot of undecideds and a lot of one candidate in that state.

Any word on what's causing the weird general election results?
I notice that when primaries are off, general elections seem to be fine. So it's the primaries that are making the screwed up general election results.

Also: http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3721889

The areas in orange mean that the little things there aren't being picked up by the map. Nitpick, but eh. :P

I notice that when primaries are off, general elections seem to be fine. So it's the primaries that are making the screwed up general election results.

Hmm, interesting. Hopefully it will be fixed in the first patch.

Hmm, interesting. Hopefully it will be fixed in the first patch.

I was running Clark in 2008 and it's fallen apart. First I thought things were going wrong after the DNC when I couldn't understand the strategy or the map as the game still seemed to think that we were fighting primaries! I carried on for a while but then: 'list index out of bounds' and after a few clicks, the republicans have dissapeared from the map (nice in real life but not here) and the only ECVs listed in the polling are the neck and neck states. Anything I click now gives me an error message.

I get an error when I try to release a scandal.

'Access violation at address 0050BF41 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000004.'

I get an error when I try to release a scandal.

'Access violation at address 0050BF41 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000004.'

Yeah same here, I tried to release a scandal on Kerry during the primaries in the 2004 scenario and I recieved the same error. :blink:

Hey everybody,

We're listening closely and should have a patch out today to solve some of the issues here. The AutoUpdater was intentionally disabled, because we needed to modify several settings. It will be included in the patch, and after that you should be able to AutoUpdate future fixes, tweaks, and other enhancements.

I get an error when trying to start to autoupdater. Doesn't matter now, but obviously will in time. Something about such and such a dll file being missing.
Where's the autoupdater?

Edit: NVM

Hey everybody,

We're listening closely and should have a patch out today to solve some of the issues here.

That'd be great. Thanks. :)

Minor thing: McCain's homes state is listed as Massachusetts and his age is wrong. Not a big deal but its a ten second fix too.

About the wierd elections, I got this result

Bush (Republican) - 285

Edwards (Democratic) - 204

Peroutka (Constitution) - 37

Badnarik (Libertarian) - 12

This was me spacebarring as Nader, so he might get some electoral votes ever so often as well.

EDIT: Edwards also got Texas with 52.9%, which I don't think is right, but bush got 71% in New York, which is not right

We're trying to recreate this scandal problem, but are unable. For the people who've experience this, is there anything specific about the situation you're in? Do you have several scandals waited to be released? Is it your first one? Is it about a particular candidate? Is it all scandals?

Thanks,

I can't release scandals, either...

Mine was on Edwards. And I noticed something very minor - when a candidate collapses on the campaign trail, it says 'compaign'

We're trying to recreate this scandal problem, but are unable. For the people who've experience this, is there anything specific about the situation you're in? Do you have several scandals waited to be released? Is it your first one? Is it about a particular candidate? Is it all scandals?

Thanks,

I should point out that I've had this problem occaisonly with the old P4E. No trends can be seen though, so it'll be hard to sort this problem out.