270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

President Forever + Primaries - Pre-orders Now Available

Hey everybody,

We'll be sending out e-mails very soon, but thought we'd post this first here.

President Forever + Primaries pre-orders are now available here for existing owners of President Forever, or here if you aren't an owner. If you pre-order before October 16th, you will receive the game at 9 am PST (or 12 pm EST) on Monday, October 16th, 2006. For orders placed on October 16th or later, please give up to 3 hours for us to process your order.

Some notes:

The new Candidate Editor WON'T be available on initial release. We will be adding that (available through the new AutoUpdate feature) after release. You will, however, be able to edit or add candidates in the new XML files.

Historical scenarios (2000, 1992, 1980, 1960) will be added as they become available. For initial release, 2008 and 2004 will come out of the box. All the others will be freely available as AutoUpdates once they are completed.

Thanks!

The 80soft Team

Pre-order placed. Looks like you did some fantastic work here, I'm really excited to see the final product on Monday!

I don't want to be a nag because I'm sure you're insanely busy with the launch, but do you think those other scenarios will start coming along the pipeline within days... or are we talking probably weeks after the launch?

BTW, I'd be more than willing to pay another $10 for a pack of premium scenarios if you decided you wanted to charge. :)

Thanks Austin for the feedback. The other scenarios will be completed soon - but we can't say more than that.

The expansion pack of scenarios beyond the ones that are included in P4EP is an interesting idea - it might happen if we feel there's enough interest.

Thanks again!

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Pre-order placed. Looks like you did some fantastic work here, I'm really excited to see the final product on Monday!

I don't want to be a nag because I'm sure you're insanely busy with the launch, but do you think those other scenarios will start coming along the pipeline within days... or are we talking probably weeks after the launch?

BTW, I'd be more than willing to pay another $10 for a pack of premium scenarios if you decided you wanted to charge. :)

I have a question! I Don't have president forever on my new computer but I have already brought it how do i make sure that when I buy the upgrade that get I whole thing unstead of just the upgrade. My e-mail Danieldlmn@sbcglobal.net thank you

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the question - President Forever + Primaries installs in a new folder and is a separate program, so you don't have to worry about that.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

I have a question! I Don't have president forever on my new computer but I have already brought it how do i make sure that when I buy the upgrade that get I whole thing unstead of just the upgrade. My e-mail Danieldlmn@sbcglobal.net thank you

Good call not setting a release date for the other scenarios. ;)

Yeah. And making sure the game itself works properly is the main thing. Scenarios are fun to build ourselves.

Forget 1976, 1968 would be an awesome scenario, but I just can't figure out how to handle all of the variables (Johnson dropping out, RFK assassination, how to handle Humphrey, etc.) GOP 1968 primary should be a breeze tho.

Forget 1976, 1968 would be an awesome scenario, but I just can't figure out how to handle all of the variables (Johnson dropping out, RFK assassination, how to handle Humphrey, etc.) GOP 1968 primary should be a breeze tho.
It would actually be somewhat easy. In the PMF:C events thing, you can disable set events if a certain candidate is running. So if you ran RFK, he wouldn't be shot (obviously). But if you ran Humphrey, then, yeah.

Of course, since RFK died while in the primaries...

It would actually be somewhat easy. In the PMF:C events thing, you can disable set events if a certain candidate is running. So if you ran RFK, he wouldn't be shot (obviously). But if you ran Humphrey, then, yeah.

Of course, since RFK died while in the primaries...

Yeah, there's probably a decent chance that I'm complicating the simple. However, it still seems that either two separate scenarios would have to be created (one with Johnson as a candidate and Humphrey out, one with Humphrey as a candidate and Johnson out) and one would have to begin on March 16-31, 1968 and another one starting in April (the one without LBJ).

If memory serves me correctly, the NH primary was in mid-March that year, so the delegates would have to already be assigned to LBJ and Eugene McCarthy, since Bobby wasn't in the race at that point. But since LBJ pledged his delegates to Humphrey after he exited his re-election efforts, the NH Johnson delegates would have to go to Humphrey.

I'm really thinking that 2 scenarios would almost have to exist in order to get everything as close to RL as possible that year, but I'm not all that familiar with how PF+P will be played...maybe it will work.

I'm not saying 1968 isn't interesting, but in 1976 you have good primaries for both Republicans and Democracts. Ford vs. Reagan for the one, and an unknown peanut farmer governor of Georgia coming out of nowhere for the latter. Plus, didn't a third party candidate take enough votes away from Ford in certain states that, if he hadn't been on the ballot, the electoral votes might have given Ford the victory? I'll have to check that.

Keith

I agree. The 1968 Democratic primary and 1976 Republican primary were real battles. 1968 would be great simply for the intangibles - Robert Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Hubert Humphrey, George Wallace, Scoop Jackson and Joe McCarthy.

I agree. The 1968 Democratic primary and 1976 Republican primary were real battles. 1968 would be great simply for the intangibles - Robert Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Hubert Humphrey, George Wallace, Scoop Jackson and Joe McCarthy.

I hope you were referring to Eugene McCarthy... :)

When I pre-ordered President Forever + Primaries yesterday, is the game called President Forver + Primaries on the pay pal website? Just curious.

1960 Dem and 1964 GOP would also be fun...though 1952 would be fun for both sides (Kefauver getting shut out in the caucuses in spite of winning a batch of primaries).

Hi Highland Call,

As long as you include your name or e-mail address that you used to make the original purchase in the 'Comments to Seller' section, it should be fine. If for some reason we can't find a match, we'll contact you with a follow-up.

The 80soft Team

I lost all my order details when my computer was formatted at Christmas, I thought I had printed them off when I got it but I didn't. What can I do?

Random game-related question that's been on my mind: How do you deal with a situation where nobody gets a majority of delegates? I'm thinking with respect to 1960/72/76 where such a situation came rather close to happening (all on the Democratic side, too).

I imagine - text box "No one has a majority of delegates...The convention must decide who become the "x" nominee...There is a mad flurry to get votes...The convention votes for...Mr x."

Sounds likely to me as well. Although, it would be nifty to add some rudimentary interaction for the convention phase of things. Maybe post the results of the first ballot and ask people if they want to attempt to bargain with another candidate or drop out and throw their support, just a few simple options nothing too involved. Maybe it could even be added later as the game expands and updates.

Oh boy, only 4 hours left. :)

Actually 5 for me... but as soon as I get out of my afternoon class, this game is getting the rest of my day.