270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LiberalUK

The Political Compass

I've done that test before and my numbers are pretty much where they were last time:

Economic Left/Right: 7.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.59

Pretty accurate, I think.

Economic Left/Right: -2.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

According to the Chart they have for Canada 2005, I should be in the Bloc Quebecois or NDP. I guess I really am a left-leaning Liberal. Although I kind of disagree with the position of the Liberals on that chart. Should be a small negative or a zero on the libertarian scale.

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

According to the Chart they have for Canada 2005, I should be in the Bloc Quebecois or NDP. I guess I really am a left-leaning Liberal. Although I kind of disagree with the position of the Liberals on that chart. Should be a small negative or a zero on the libertarian scale.

Yeah...apparently I'm on the same position of the scale as Gandhi. :P

I'm a really left-wing Liberal, I guess, which makes sense since I was a member of the NDP until just after the last federal election.

Yeah...apparently I'm on the same position of the scale as Gandhi. :P

I'm a really left-wing Liberal, I guess, which makes sense since I was a member of the NDP until just after the last federal election.

Yeah, I was going to ask you what made you abandon the NDP for a second time.

Yeah, I was going to ask you what made you abandon the NDP for a second time.

The first time, it was an impulsive choice that I did in response to general discomfort. But I returned to the NDP shortly after, willing to give them another chance, and was made President of my riding association.

Then...the NDP, through a number of incidents, cemented for me the fact that they are no longer a party that I wish to be part of. This, combined with a talk I had with Michael Savage, my Liberal MP at the time, convinced me that the Liberal Party was where I needed to be.

I'll talk about those incidents some other time...

But suffice it to say that I've been a Liberal since January and I'm happy with my decision.

Guest Christian

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.90

I've done that test before and my numbers are pretty much where they were last time:

Economic Left/Right: 7.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.59

Pretty accurate, I think.

No wonder we fall out.

:lol::lol::lol: Really!

I don't mean to pry, but may I ask how you answered those questions to get that score. it can be interesting to see sometimes. I for example can be quite a mixed bag, with some answers at the end of the spectrum giving a score which suggests moderation.

I don't mean to pry, but may I ask how you answered those questions to get that score. it can be interesting to see sometimes. I for example can be quite a mixed bag, with some answers at the end of the spectrum giving a score which suggests moderation.

I just answered them honestly. I am much more of an economic conservative than a social conservative (although I do hold socially conservative views). I am a HUGE supporter of freemarket capitalism, a I am a very strong law and order guy, I believe very strongly in families and personal responsibility and I strongly support the military.

Economic Left/Right: -7.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

Pretty much the same as last time, although I have drifted slighty to the right.

Economic Left/Right: -7.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

Pretty much the same as last time, although I have drifted slighty to the right.

You've drifted to the right? :blink: Doesn't look like it at all.

You've drifted to the right? :blink: Doesn't look like it at all.

I know... :rolleyes: My score was -9.88 Economic Left/Right and -7.90 social libertarian/authoritarian... I first took this test like three or four yrs. ago.

I don't know what it is about this particular test... I'm not that much of a leftist in real life.

Yeah, I don't think I'm that far to the left either...I think it exaggerates somewhat. Checked my previous score:

Current:

Last Time:

Economic Left/Right: -2.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

I've drifted left socially and right economically by such a huge amount. ;)

Yeah, I don't think I'm that far to the left either...I think it exaggerates somewhat. Checked my previous score:

Current:

Last Time:

Economic Left/Right: -2.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

I've drifted left socially and right economically by such a huge amount. ;)

It doesn't help that I feel "strongly" about most issues... I can't help it... I'm just naturally passionate that way. :P

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 5.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.36

Places me nearest to Angela Merkel and :huh: Tony Blair. I honestly think I'm more right-wing than that.

Some of the questions were a bit confusing though. I think also that if someone who didn't know politics very well were to take it, the test would probably tell them they were more liberal than they actually are, since a lot of the questions are a bit skewed.

I'd prefer a test that gave you a set of opinions or policies to choose from and you picked which one you liked the most.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 4.63

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.23

I am basically the same as a year ago when I last did the test - holding up the fort for the fiscal conservatives :D