270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HorckDude

Primaries

This new version with primaries, how will it work exactly?

Will you see a map of the US, where you can travel to the various states to campaign there and at certain point a primary is held? Or will you see a map of the states that have upcoming primaries so you can travel to the various counties in those states to campaign in particular places. This would essentially make the primary-game a whole lot of little election games.

Both have their advantages, so I'm curious to see how we will be able to play the primaries and work our way through the nomination.

Also, Anthony, will it be possible to continue with the general election after you secured yourself the nomination without an interruption?

Hi HorckDude, the transition from the primaries to the post-primaries (convention, general election) should be seemless. We'll be posting more details in September on how the primaries will work.

Tony

the Primaries will be a neat addition.

as far as the "running mate" question, there could be a campaign team (including their spouse/family) that could be purchased.

also powerful party bosses they could woo for their endorsement (i.e., Al Gore coming out for Howard Dean). Some could be national, regional, or just have impact on a certain state.

I agree Young....picking out convention speakers will add some spice.

will there be some "media talking heads" or "focus groups" that tell us what impact the speakers have on the voting public? (might be too late to change them around at that point - but could give some insight on how to set the campaign strategy when it begins)

haha. Miller really "gave em Zell" didn't he?

it should be open to include lots of options available. different ones each time so it wouldn't get stale. There would be the normal and obvious ones, but some new ones that pop up each time to liven it up.

(have a cross-over speaker should be rare, but definitely worth the wait)

Can't wait till the new version!

Can we really pick convention speakers?? That'll be really awesome! Would we have a list to pick from, or just enter names of speakers, or what?

I thought I couldn't wait before, but this new news makes me even more excited.