1. 1. Rate this Scenario

• 5/5 - Excellent
    • 4/5 - Very Good
    • 3/5 - Good
    • 2/5 - Okay
    • 1/5 - Poor

A new scenario is now up:

"Rise of Reform" - Alberta 1990, by Principled Conservative

You can go to the Prime Minister Forever Updates/Scenarios page to download this scenario.

Please note: this is a third-party scenario - 80soft did not make this scenario.

The 80soft.com Team

A very interesting and fun scenario. A province completely up in the air! I enjoyed it.

Thanks Sandman. The Reform Party came very close to entering Alberta politics in the early 1990's. I used polls from 1989-1991 to portray what might have happened. I have toi test my Reform 1993 and 1997 scenarios but they should be released soon. :)

I am a great believer that four party scenarios work the best and was pleased to get a chance to try this one out. More like this please. I only have one gripe, the end of the campaign; I was playing the Liberal on Easy setting, and in the last opinion poll of the campaign there was a sudden swing to the Reform Party for reasons that were impossible to identify. I have noticed it happen before in other scenarios, usually a week out from polling day, a swing to one party for no reason. Also I am currently working on my own scenario which does this same last week shift every time I play it. If I can work out why it does it I can then post the scenario. Any explanations would be useful.

The other odd thing was that on election night, the NDP did a lot better in Calgary than had seemed likely.

Graem, I would imagine the answer would lie in the electorate_trends.p4e file. If I we're you, I'd tweak the initial settings for the party that seems to be favoured in the scenario (i.e. reduce its trend popularity in each region).

The electoral trends file does seem the obvious place to look, so I have. I have done nothing with these files other than what has been suggested in the help file when editing a scenario. In the UK version, the only currently used data in this file is that which determines how many voters start as undecided. The help file suggests that the party figures expressed for each region do not currently have any effect. It says,

percentage for each block for each region: Each region has a list of 10 numbers. The first 8 numbers are not currently used BUT must should be left in place (for backwards compatability),

If this is correct, then tweaking these numbers should not have any effect.

This problem does not seem to happen every time, either in my scenario or the Alberta one, but has happened on the majority of occasions that I have played both.

When creating scenarios, we are able to change many things, however, we are not able to change everything. Perhaps these problems are beyond our control but not beyond the control of 80soft.

I have played it some more times and agree it does not happen every time.