270soft Forum

Hello Everyone, my name is Conrad! I was wondering if any of you had ideas for What If scenarios? :D

Bush in White House on 9/11, highjackers actually find the White House, it and Bush get taken out.

President Cheney running for his own term three years later.

Morbid yes, but could be interesting. ;)

Hello Everyone, my name is Conrad! I was wondering if any of you had ideas for What If scenarios? :D

Progressivedem Great Idea! Maybe Donald Rumsfeld becomes Vice-President! Bad if you hate Washington Insiders controling the country!

What if Gore had won the presidency in 2000, and 9/11 still happened? Then, of course, the Democrats would be the sole blamed for that in the eyes of the world, and would be pretty much impossible to win reelection.

What if Gore had won the presidency in 2000, and 9/11 still happened? Then, of course, the Democrats would be the sole blamed for that in the eyes of the world, and would be pretty much impossible to win reelection.

That's rather odd logic, cause I don't think the Republicans were blamed for 9/11 (except among conspiracy theorists). If Gore had been President, I think we would have seen an end to the idea that Democrats are weak on defnense, a smarter war in Afghanistan that, no war in Iraq, and a sustained multilateral battle against international terrorism. Most likely cnadidates in 2004 would be some one like McCain (for his millitary credibility and strong moderate support) or a right-wing placeholder candidate (like 64, or conversely 84).

That's rather odd logic, cause I don't think the Republicans were blamed for 9/11 (except among conspiracy theorists). If Gore had been President, I think we would have seen an end to the idea that Democrats are weak on defnense, a smarter war in Afghanistan that, no war in Iraq, and a sustained multilateral battle against international terrorism. Most likely cnadidates in 2004 would be some one like McCain (for his millitary credibility and strong moderate support) or a right-wing placeholder candidate (like 64, or conversely 84).

I meant blamed because everybody would say it's their fault, that the Democratic administration was incapable to realize a huge terrorist conspiracy that ended up killing thousands of human beings, or was unable to stop it.

"If Gore had been President, I think we would have seen an end to the idea that Democrats are weak on defnense, a smarter war in Afghanistan that, no war in Iraq, and a sustained multilateral battle against international terrorism"

I personally believe that it is a little too optimistic. The "we don't need UN for invasions" sort of isolationism of Bush begun with Clinton and Kosovo. And regardless of the Democrats being weak or not in defense, i found it very hard to believe that people would just forget this idea, specially because the Republicans would use it non-stop after the attacks and Gore's failure to stop it.

I'd always thought about how America would be different if TR could've pulled off a win in 1912. Would the Republicans have died out? The Democrats? Would they have joined together to defeat the "new kids on the block" (Progressive Party)? Who would've been the 1916 candidate, since TR was starting to show some signs of health problems? Would the USA have entered WWI earlier?

It's just fun to think about.

I'd always thought about how America would be different if TR could've pulled off a win in 1912. Would the Republicans have died out? The Democrats? Would they have joined together to defeat the "new kids on the block" (Progressive Party)? Who would've been the 1916 candidate, since TR was starting to show some signs of health problems? Would the USA have entered WWI earlier?

It's just fun to think about.

Or what if Hitler had died in WWI? Would ever exist a Nazi party, or at least a strong one? Or would come up a more intelligent leader and there would be a Nazi Germany to this day? And the anti-semitism would be almost unanimously considered a bad thing as it is now?

( i don't question if there would be a WWII or not, because it would, no chance of other thing after Versailles)

I love this imagination exercises as well. :)

The idea I have is Ronald Reagan gets assasinated by John Hinckly Jnr. Leaving Bush Snr. to run the country and is up for his first 4 year term in 1984. Likely candidates would be for the parties would be GOP: George Bush Democrats: Gary Hart and Mario Coumo. And if FDR had stopped after his first two terms in the presidency, who would the candidates be? :o

Roosevelt also had several near misses with death, the most fmaous being the assasination attempt that killed Chicago mayor Anton Cermak instead of him. What would have happened then? What if Roosevelt passed away when Henry Wallace was VP rather than Truman?

What if Clinton was impeached and Gore had took over? There would be issues such as "Clinton's legacy", "the Levinski scandal" or "private life of politicians".

If no one had ever found out about Watergate and all of Nixon's crimes? Would he be so popular after a 49 states landslide victory that he would change the Constitution to a 3rd term? Would Carter even win the Democratic nomination?

Or if Goldwater somehow wins 1964 (they discover that Johnson was involved in JFK's murder or something like that)?

Or what about Richard Nixon takes over from Dwight Eisenhower in 1955, after his stroke. And he is facing election in 1956. Or even if Michael Dukakis won in 1988! That would have been great!

What if Lincoln was never killed, and was up for re-election in 1868??

I always wonder what the world would be like.

What if Cox won in 1920? :P

I was wondering why you had him as your avatar... any relation?

I was wondering why you had him as your avatar... any relation?
Heh. I liked his stances, and would vote for him 1920. But otherwise, I just like the picture and think it's good for an avatar.