270soft Forum
admin_270

Status of the next President Forever update

Hi everyone,

There have been lots of questions about when the next update will be out. All we're saying is: the next update for President Forever will be done when it's done. We aren't rushing it out for the general election, because we want it to be done right.

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Thanks, Tony. Sorry 'bout the earlier post...I was just getting edgy for an information update since it'd been a while since I'd seen anything (and there were posts popping up in other forums here). Thank you very much.

Taft

Thanks for the update Tony!

I look very much forward to playing it. :)

Come to think of it: would it be possible to give us an early screenshot of a primaries race? Just to keep us occupied?

Im sorry if you think im being rude but how is that an update???

You have been saying the same line since August!!!

What have you completed in the Primaries so far? Im sure you can give a percentage, this is getting to be dissapointing

I totally agree. Give us something new, ANYTHING! As you can read, Tony, no one here really minds waiting, but come on, tell us something:

1. It has been taking longer because we have had so many good ideas from the board posts...

2. We have made progress, but it will be a while still, perhaps a self-xmas gift...

3. Haven't started it yet, but once I sober up, I'll get right on it...

4. "Fill in the blank."

If you keep telling us "It will be out when it's done..." you will keep getting posts like these...

Sincerely,

Thomas

Hi guys,

Thanks for the continued feedback. I'll try to be as clear as I can about the status of the update:

1. We are working on it. It was delayed for two reasons: a) delays in other projects, and B) an expansion of what was originally envisioned for the update. The latter wasn't gratuitous - we know people want it as soon as possible, but we felt we needed to expand on the original functionality we had envisioned.

2. We have internal targets for when the update will be done. We aren't giving public targets for the reason that has been exemplified in this thread - people then expect it will be released at that date.

3. The game looks quite similar to the existing version, which is why there haven't been any screenshots. The changes are going on in the game engine.

Thanks again,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Thanks! I'm glad to see that board feedback made it into this version...you're one of only two software producers that would actually do that which I know of. I'm glad to see it's in the works, and glad to know there are target dates. Thank you for giving us an update...I think you have one quite happy fanbase...who will probably be 50% happy, 50% unhappy on Tuesday, but still...thank you very much.