270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Revo06

Ireland

It does not have the same voting system, the PR one!

So I found. Oh well, still have C4E lying around somewhere.

I like it a lot so far. The one thing I observe is that FF, FG, and Labour (and possibly the others, I haven't looked) have way more money than they could ever spend. OTOH, I suppose that makes the ad wars more interesting.

BTW, is it possible to have a coalition that includes more than two parties on C4E (or any other 80soft parliamentary game, for that matter)? I was just wondering if there'd be a way to get the Greens into the FF/PD or FG/L coalition.

It's possible on PM4E British, but that doesn't have manual coalitioning. I found (at least on PM4E Canada) that with the offer feature you can't do it. SF were stuck with the Greens :D

I could B.S. here but I will be honest, I think the financial levels of the parties are simply still the ones they had when I changed the party files from the German parties which explains the huge sums. Partially because it's difficult when you make the scenario to gauge what amount of money is realistic particularly if you work with a different country and also I must admit that I personally prefer a "money shouldn't be the issue" type campaign, with some however I may also simply have forgotten to change the values.

If I had to think of how to otherwise further impove the scenario, I'd think weakening Sinn Fein in some form or other would be a good idea as they at times hugely outgrow their initial support (I've seen them around 20% which I will admit should just not happen, if they end with 12-15% it'd be an excellent excellent result for them).

I would assume some people still have it and could e-mail it to you. I'd send you mine, but I modified it a fair amount.

How much was modified? And was it to make it more realistic?

I would assume some people still have it and could e-mail it to you. I'd send you mine, but I modified it a fair amount.

: Shrug : In some ways, maybe. I gave everybody less money and gave the Sinn Fein leader terrible personal ratings. I also added myself as a candidate for several of the parties, but obviously you can just not use the character, or I can even delete it before I send it to you if you still want it.

Sounds good!

rryan33862@aol.com

I have amended this scenario for Ireland's 2002 elections, with an updated map, endorsers... the works. I'm working on 1997 now. Post an e-mail if you want to play it, I'll try to get it to you in reasonable time. (Oh, and reference this post, there's at least three scenarios on offer in this thread so it might not be clear.)