270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
simonvallee

So leaders, what are your scores?

My description in PM4E stats, I tried to be realist:

"A young Quebecois, Simon is a left-wing nationalist, known as an ardent debater. Despite his inexperience, he knows much on different issues due to an early interest in politics."

Leadership: 3

Integrity: 4

Experience: 2

Issue Familiarity: 4

Charisma: 3

Stamina: 3

Debating: 5

Riding: Verchères-Les-Patriotes

Jean-Sébastien is an highly patriotic young Canadian. He holds right wing views on most issues but he is by no mean a stubborn ideologue. His major flaw is than he have an obvious lack of social skills, seeming to be cold and distant, even if he geniuenly cares about the canadian people, deep down inside of him. His integrity, while being his largest asset to convince undecided to vote for him, could very well be his downfall in the highly competitve political world. Jean-Séb is determined to tell the truth to the electors.

Leadership: 1

Integrity: 5

Issue Familiarity: 5

Charisma: 2

Stamina: 4

Debating: 5

Riding - Gatineau

Higher skill in debates than me? 5 in integrity (remeber, this is what people think of you)? 1 in leadership!? I never before criticized anyone's scores for themselves, but here you've lost me. Remember that it takes a lot to get a 5 in something.

Yes, I do sincerly believe than I have a 5 stars integrity rating. Im honest to a fault, definitively not a liar, even when telling the truth put my own person in trouble. I am also completely against corruption. Telling the truth is a major part of being an integre person isnt it :)

As for the leadership part, I need to have the humility to admit I am not a natural leader. Im an introverted person in real life. I dont like giving orders or taking them.

Higher skill in debates than me? 5 in integrity (remeber, this is what people think of you)? 1 in leadership!? I never before criticized anyone's scores for themselves, but here you've lost me. Remember that it takes a lot to get a 5 in something.

For the record, I would gladly give Jean perfect "5s" on both of those counts.

Jean Seb, you decide in the end, but my personal impression of you woul lead me to give you those scores:

Leadership: 3

Integrity: 5

Issue Familiarity: 4

Charisma: 2

Stamina: 4

Debating: 4

Just for the record, I also always say what I think is true, I go so far in my honesty that I'll add "if I remember correctly" or some other similar expression if I'm not sure of something I'm saying. I gave myself only a 4 in integrity because this depends on my reputation and I have pretty much none.

Oh, if you want to mention your own vision of my scores, shoot, I can take it.

I cant judge your leadership and charisma without knowing you in real life. I would add 1 in experience since you ran for the NPD in the election and subtract 1 to integrity, because often your positions and arguments strikes me as being double standards - eg the Québec part of your platform, one standard for Québec, another one for the rest of the country.. mm I dont like that at all.

This isn't a lack of integrity at all, and no double standards (all nations must be entitled to similar rights). In fact, the reason I would openly admit it to English-Canadians and "damn their reactions" should be a reason for a better integrity.

We will give to the provincial government of Québec the full right to opt out of any federal programs in their jurisdiction. To other provinces, opting out will be an option after due negociations if there's really a dead-end and an fundamental opposition between the federal and them.

Québec doesnt even need to negotiate. I consider that to be a double standard.

Québec isn't a province like any other, so this is not a double standard but simply a recognition of its specificity.

Québec isn't a province like any other

For the Xth time - I dont share that opinion ;)

All provinces must be treated equally or else this country will fail.

Then that's your opinion but mine is that Québec is different. Lack of integrity on my part would be to "forget" that when I speak to English-Canadians or in front of crowds with a majority opposing my view on the subject.

All provinces must be treated equally or else this country will fail.

This country is failing right now justly because so many federal governments have sought to treat all provinces equally.

Québec isn't a province like any other, so this is not a double standard but simply a recognition of its specificity.

Quebec IS a province just like any other.

Let's see:

-Different history

-Different culture

-Different linguistic majority

-Different media => different public dynamic

-Specific desire to identify itself as a nation

-Specific desire for autonomy coming from a natural desire and not a feeling of being cheated

And you tell me it's a province like all other?

This country is failing right now justly because so many federal governments have sought to treat all provinces equally.

Only traitorous separatists believe that it is currently failing. All provinces MUST be treated equally. No province should be given any special rights or privileges over any other.

What was it Jean Seb about us sovereignists being so "evil" because some radicals called you traitor?

Only traitorous separatists believe that it is currently failing.

So you're a traitorous separatist because you often claim that the "lib-left" is leading Canada to ruin according to your argument, ne?

What was it Jean Seb about us sovereignists being so "evil" because some radicals called you traitor?
Only traitorous separatists believe that it is currently failing.

So you're a traitorous separatist because you often claim that the "lib-left" is leading Canada to ruin according to your argument, ne?

No, I am a patriot who loves this country and rails against the damage being done to this country by the left. I DO NOT think this country is failing. I believe that we are failing to meet out potential. The solution to that is not to break up the country. It is to fix the problem - ie throw the liberals out of power.

And get the Cons in? Gee, talk about the cure being worse than the disease!

As for me, I believe that my people's full potential will only be achieved when it shall be autonomous, no longer forced to compromise with another people on domestic issues. I bear no ill will towards Canada, I simply don't consider myself closer to a Manitoban than to a Frenchman or a British.

As for me, I believe that my people's full potential will only be achieved when it shall be autonomous, no longer forced to compromise with another people on domestic issues. I bear no ill will towards Canada, I simply don't consider myself closer to a Manitoban than to a Frenchman or a British.

Like it or not, you are a Canadian. Quebecers are Canadians just as Ontarians are and just as Albertans are.

Getting the Conservatives into power would do wonders for the country. I just can't wait for the next election. :D

Like it or not, you are a Canadian.

On paper, in law, yes. In my heart, never shall I be a Canadian.

Getting the Conservatives into power would do wonders for the country

It'd do wonders for Québec at least, two years of conservative government for special interests and even reluctant nationalists would be ready to vote YES. Actually, that was the hope of many Bloquiste I knew of, they wanted the CPC to win as a strategy of the worst to push Québec to sovereignty. It was so common as an idea that Duceppe had to deny he thought like that in front of the media.

Like it or not, you are a Canadian. Quebecers are Canadians just as Ontarians are and just as Albertans are.

Getting the Conservatives into power would do wonders for the country. I just can't wait for the next election. :D

Well said Mantis!!

Like it or not, Simon a la French IS a Canadian! :D