270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skavau

Ridings Editor

... easier it would be to make ridings if there was a proper organised ridings editor on the game. I dislike using Wordpad and losing track of where I am. Developing the Cornwall Scenario was a nightmare.

Would a Ridings Editor be hard to make?

Agreed. I shouldn't imagine it should be ultra-hard to code - there was one built for the Canadian 2006 election, but I'd love to have an all-purpose one.

That was only to alter overall support levels.

Maybe it could be like a wizard, you say how many constituencies, put in the names, support levels, any specific candidate names (there could be a random generator for the rest - very simple to do). Personally I'd pay good money for this, not just download it as a free upgrade. I'm sure others would as well.

I wouldn't pay just for the editor, but I'd actually make scenarios in PMF:C if there was something like this. (Ridings data is the most evil part of making scenarios in PMF:C)

The hardest part about ridings is doing the breakup of support so that you have an even, balanced, and realistic scenario. I've yet to find a formula that's worked on this. The names aren't hard. Just get yourself a random name generator, I recommend TableSmith. The coding is very very simple to understand, and you can load your own lists of random names. There's a website I get my name's lists from that have just about every ethniticity in surnames and fornames.

Maybe it could be like a wizard, you say how many constituencies, put in the names, support levels, any specific candidate names (there could be a random generator for the rest - very simple to do). Personally I'd pay good money for this, not just download it as a free upgrade. I'm sure others would as well.

i agree

Tony, you bend over backwards to try and accomidate our ideas. I would really appresiate this, and as would lots of people probebly. 80soft is one of the best companys for custemer service!

Hi Trevor,

Please see the Constituency Editor - Beta thread in the Scenario Creation forum.

A special thanks to Skavau for the original suggestion.

Hope this helps and sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com