270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HabsFan21

January 06

This is the best result I've gotten so far as the Libs...attack on health, attack on Family, Vancouver-Ontario-Maritimes-Newfoundland.

martin.jpg

What was the result? Minority government?

Harper get 2.1 million more votes than Duceppe but get 2 less seats.. that'S really ***ed up!

Harper get 2.1 million more votes than Duceppe but get 2 less seats.. that'S really ***ed up!

See...the NDP has the right idea with PR. The Bloc would have only gotten 31 seats last time.

See...the NDP has the right idea with PR. The Bloc would have only gotten 31 seats last time.

On an interesting note, PR would've given the Greens about 15 seats last election, and possibly smaller parties one or two.

What I don't like about PR tough is than it would produce a minority 95% of the time. I like the stability of FPTP, even tough it's undemocratic at times...

I'm torn in beetween my desire for more democracy and my desire for a stable governement :S

What I don't like about PR tough is than it would produce a minority 95% of the time. I like the stability of FPTP, even tough it's undemocratic at times...

I'm torn in beetween my desire for more democracy and my desire for a stable governement :S

And why not adopt a system like the NDP suggest? A hybrid. Maintainour current system, untouched, and simply add 100 more seats to the COmmons that are divied out proportioanlly. This will give a voice to the smaller parties that are squeezed out, and maintain our regional distinctiveness.

A system based entirely on PR would have PEI's value drop even more than it already has over the past century with constant expansion of the House.

Well, FPTP from now on with this 4 party system is going to result in constant minorities...Chretien's personal appeal was really the only thing bringing about majorities with the 5 party system.

The Bloc is the one thing in the way.