270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kerry Edwards for President

First Riding Vote

Who do you support in this riding race for the PM Government?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support in this riding race for the PM Government?

• Jean Seb (Conservative)
    • Simonvallee (NDP)

We had better keep an eye out for voter fraud. Some people have been accused of such on the President forever board.

Not to accuse SimonVallee of anything, but it seems suspicious that there were 21 votes cast and yet there are really only 5 or 6 regular posters on the PM4Ever side of this forum. I am not suggesting that any candidate did anything wrong, it just seems odd to me.

lol how did jean beat hard right and mantis thats crazy

Neither of us ran - it was just Jean and SimonVallee.

If the americans are voting, it honestly surprise me they are voting for Simon - no offense meant. The NDP would have no chance in the USA and Simon got a standard NDP platform, excepted for the Québec part, while I got a right wing Conservative one in canadian term, which would put me in the mainstream in american politics..

Perhaps my platform is too much to the right for the canadian members tough :(

If the americans are voting, it honestly surprise me they are voting for Simon - no offense meant. The NDP would have no chance in the USA and Simon got a standard NDP platform, excepted for the Québec part, while I got a right wing Conservative one in canadian term, which would put me in the mainstream in american politics..

Perhaps my platform is too much to the right for the canadian members tough :(

Thankfully the NDP has no chance in Canada either! (of ever forming a government anyway) :D I don't think most Canadians are prepared to take that hard a left turn.

i don't think most americans voting for simon are looking at parrty they are looking at conservative vs liberal

honestly i would vote jean over simon just because simon is too far to the left for my taste and i don't agree with that quebec independence stuff

Yeah, I'm the lesser of two evils... why don't I feel like celebrating? :(

BTW, for having looked at your platform, Jean Seb, I'd say you'd have a moderate social program (an average since your platform is of extremes, no to abortions but yes to SSM) and a right-wing economic program (eliminating all regulations except minimum wage?!) in the US, most probably you'd fit in the Libertarian party.

As for me, yes, I'm already left-wing both socially and economically in Québec and Canada, I'd probably be near the fringe or in it in the US, but closer to the centre in most European countries.

Don't feel bad, I voted for Dukakis in my first election, so I am clearly not the norm.

Dukakis... Wasn't he the one who ran against Reagan and was honest saying that he would raise taxes because the deficits were unsustainable and even Reagan would be forced to? He lost big and then Reagan went and raised taxes because he had to, right?

So, no one voted FOR me but everyone voted based on the Lib vs con divide or against Jean Seb? :( Well, at least it could be worse, I could BE Jean Seb :D No offense meant.