Official General Election

Who Do You Support  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Support

• SSVegeta123243/Swing Voter (D)
    • HardRightConservative/Mantis (R)
    • Keyes/Roger Winchestor (I)
    • Dems4america/Jospiv (I)

If I'm not mistaken, this election is supposed to conclude in less than 24 hours yet we have "Floridesque" problems and accusations of fraud.

If Keyes has the most votes by midnight tomorrow, will you (meaning anyone here) accept him as your President??

Keyes- if you did not cheat, there is no reason to drop out. If you want to be our President, you should have the leadership required to defend yourself against these accusations. By dropping out, what does that prove??

If you are guilty of these charges, that is something quite different...

u mean there is cheating going on look at the number of votes for keyes a relative unknown look at the number of votes in the 4 previous elections this just doesn't add up this election is a fraud

which supports my point u just came out of nowhere and now u have 19 votes plus i witnessed fraud i refuse to accept this election and it's not about winning or losing it's about the fairness of the election

no u weren't online as the two "new members" came on one-by-one voted for u and then logged off but in the next elections i'll be looking and lets see how many votes u get without cheating

Nonsense! That's ridiculous!!!

First, SS Vegeta tells us the deadline is this Sunday, then he shortens it to Midnight TUESDAY, he did not put this to vote, he did not ask any of the candidates for permission, and he did not consult any of us in advance.

He is one of the candidates running for office, who happens to be in the lead, and he arbirtarily decides to drastically end the election DAYS beforehand without any notice!! Not only that, but this was during a time when my running mate, Keyes, publicly stated he had major problems getting logged on to this website!!

This is outrageous and represents a total and utter lack of respect for you fellow opponents and the Democratic process.

AND now THIS??!?! "End it right now he says, cause our guy's winning?!?"

Do you have no honor sir??

Let this election end at midnight. That is the very least you could do.

We should consider solutions to such accusation. Rather than simply do polls like this one, maybe we should designate one election manager, any voter would have to send him a personal message, and he would have to make sure that the voter's identity was not created solely for that purpose (how long ago was it created? has he posted anything else? etc....) The manager would then count the votes and publish it on a message he would always update.

If you fear a manager's personal bias, you could create an identity solely for that purpose to whom more than one would have access to, or you could simply make people post their votes publicly on a thread (not a very good idea, it should be relatively anonymous).

You are right. It shouldn't be...

not because of fraud (I do not believe it, unless I see some proof... innocent till proven guilty),

but because of you, SSVegeta. I do believe some people voted against you (including me) because of this fraud issues, because they do not believe you.

If you are lying (notice the word "if" please), I would not want you as president.

However, if you are indeed telling the truth and there is a fraud, it should be checked up after the end of the election. If it is proven, than of course those who cheated should be disqualified...

But, as I said and some other said too, after the election.

so keyes recieved 32 votes thanks to me? come on dude use your brain look at the past elections look at when keyes joined the site look at his platform one a liberal site the facts speak for themself dude and i believe if u think keyes recieved these votes fairly than u live in a fantasy world

if u are dumb (and i hate to say dumb but in this situation the shoe fits) enough to believe this is legit than i feel sorry for u because your obviously an idiot

and like i said from the beginning this was never a campaign ploy for votes because right now i don't care about that this was always about a fair election

Why are you personnaly attacking me now?

All I said was that often negative comments backfired (like in the game). I haven't read all the pages about the supposed-fraud, but from what I've read, there's no real proof. As such, one can only think Keyes innocent, since not proven guilty.

I never said that Keyes got all his votes because of you, but surely some. At the very least, mine, anyway.

Besides, if he cheated, did he cheat for 3 votes or for 30? If it is for 3 like you said, than he is equal with you. So, they're most be a reason for that.

Now, I leave it to you to figure out how he gained all these votes. Did he cheat to gain all 30-something votes? If not, than he must have done something good. It's up to you to find it.

To take care of corruption, we need voter registration. Before the election everyone who whishes to vote has to register, so people can't create new accounts during the elections.

And we set a minimum posts someone has to make before he can vote, so there are no existing cloned users with 0-votes that participate.

Also, if we have the names of the voters in advance, we can ask Tony to check if people aren't using the same IP.

That would be fair I think, but we need an impartial manager to run the election.

I'd say we declare this election invalid and do it again.

i give up my fustration isn't over the election or over the fact that keys cheated it's the fact the majority of the people on the site fail to realize it and it's said i mean votes a coming from no where

and like i said this was NEVER ABOUT VOTES, NEVER A CAMPAIGN PLOY, NEVER A NEGATIVE ATTACK, THIS IS ABOUT THE FAIRNESS OF THE ELECTION

I understand what you mean SSVegeta, but you failed to provide any actual proof of your affirmations. That is the problem. You say we fail to see the fraud... but do not back it up yourself, except in saying you saw the 3 guys log-on, vote, log-off.

I do not consider this a proof.

If you did provide it somewhere and I didn't see it, please forgive me and direct me to the place.

Horckdude, I agree with you totally. Except I'm not sure I want this election cancelled, mainly because there was accusation of fraud, but no proof to back it up (again, if proof were indeed given, direct me and forgive me... I didn't read all the pages. I'm that lazy, lol).

no proof look at the number of votes in this election look at the rise in new members look at the amount of votes for keyes who joined like last week look at the amount of votes in every election prior to this one if u look at all this and don't come to the conclusion that something funny is going on then your blind

I'll just say: thanks for another insults ("if you don't see this you're blind")

and tell you there is a difference between proof and speculation.

And please, stop insulting people just because they don't agree with you...

At one point, I might get annoyed.