270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mantis

Lets See Someone Beat This

All right! Lets see someone beat this! I just downloaded and installed the new PM4E Update along with the Canada 2006 - January 2 scenario. I launched a raft of attack ads on Martin and nailed him with several damaging scandals. Some of the other parties must have nailed him too because the Liberals were crucified. This is a result that Brian Mulroney would be proud of:

CPCBigMajority.JPG

I used the COMPLETELY UNMODIFIED 2006 - Janary 2 scenario!

I nearly fell over when I won 202 seats! That's only 9 behind Mulroney's record win! The Liberals were completely and totally destroyed. I swept most of Ontario (the NDP won about 8 or 9 seats and the Liberals won about 2) took all but a handful of seats which went NDP in the west, took virtually everything in the east (all of NF, NB, PEI and split NS with NDP and I took 6 or 7 seats in Quebec. I nearly fell over when I won Toronto East! The NDP was second there and the Liberals won their only 2 Ontario seats there.

Yeesh! All but Quebec...

Tell me about it. Well the way I look at it, 6 or 7 seats in Quebec is a major breakthrough.

Sure! Tell me how often do you barnstorm or give speeches? Any tips on endorsers or anything?

What I did was run all sorts of attack ads going and I was constantly researching and finding scandals. I think at least one of the computer controlled parties was doing the same thing because there were more Martin scandals than I could account for myself. On top of all that, I went all out on speeches and barnstorming targeting key areas. I also made good use of my targeting points. By the time E-day rolled around, my candidate was almost completely exhausted! :lol:

Wow, that is a nice job there, mantis.

Hopefully, things will turn out that way for you on E-day.

Wow, that is a nice job there, mantis.

Hopefully, things will turn out that way for you on E-day.

Thanks! I'm sure hoping they will :)

harper2006QC.png

HA! WHOOO! 19 seats in QUEBEC! 3 of them in Montreal! 8 more seats then the Liberals. 38.3% and 11 seats in North-Central Quebec compared to 16 seats and 38.7% for the Bloc.

How in the name of all that is Holy did you do that? Nice job! :)

Martin and Layton started attacking Duceppe in the last week, so I did too, and BOOM! I was out of money and energy by the end. I also attacked Martin on Parliament and Senate in Toronto. I had +25 momentum nationwide for a few days, too. I was shocked, since it only showed 192 seats for me just before election day.

Martin and Layton started attacking Duceppe in the last week, so I did too, and BOOM! I was out of money and energy by the end. I also attacked Martin on Parliament and Senate in Toronto. I had +25 momentum nationwide for a few days, too. I was shocked, since it only showed 192 seats for me just before election day.

Well, that's a hell of a good job. 231/308 is 75% of the seats which just beats Mulroney's record of 211/282 or or 74.8% of the seats! :)

This was at least my 20th try since you posted your result. Once I lost badly and had 19 seats left. Ironically, 2 were in Quebec and 3 were in Toronto. I lost Alberta.

conmin.jpg

I think this is a little more realistic of what will likely happen.

Provincial breakdown:

Newfoundland & Labrador:

L: 4

C: 2

NDP: 1 (L & C split the vote in Bonavista-Gander-Grand Falls-Windsor and the NDP won it by less than 1%)

PEI:

C: 0

N: 1 (NDP won Charlottetown by a few votes)

NS:

L: 5

C: 3

N: 3 (Dartmouth-Cole Harbour back to the NDP :) )

NB:

L: 6

C: 2

N: 2 (Madawska-Restigouche was the 2nd one)

PQ:

L: 10

C: 1 (Cannon won his seat, but Tories came within a percentage of winning 4 other seats)

BQ: 64 (Ahuntsic, Jeanne-Le Ber, Outremont and Honore-Mercier all went Bloc)

ON:

L: 33 (Ignatieff won his seat, barely)

C: 46 (Including 6 seats in Toronto)

N: 27

MN:

L: 2

C: 7 (Alcock lost his seat to the Tories)

N: 4 (Schreyer barely won his seat)

I: 1 (Bev won her seat by 1%)

SK:

L: 1

C: 11

N: 2 (Nystrom and Wiebe won their seats)

AB:

L: 1 (Anne managed to hold on by less than 1%)

C: 27

BC:

C: 22 (Tories beat Keith Martin)

N: 9 (NDP won Victoria, Vancouver Centre, Vancouver Kingsway and Surrey North)

I: 1 (Zeisman won his seat by 2%)

Territories:

L: Nunavut

N: NWT and Yukon

Final:

L: 70

C: 121

N: 51

BQ: 64

I: 2

This result is entirely within the realm of possibility.

I think that WAS realistic of what WAS going to happen. That example shows Conservative support understated by about 11% from the latest polls and shows NDP support overstated by about 8 or 9%. The Stragetigc Council is predicting a mimimum of about 152 seats to the Conservatives based on the latest polling.