270soft Forum

Calling all PM Forever fans

Roesler26

Hi everyone:

I'm a journalist working on a story about the addictive PM Forever-Canada '06 and am looking for anyone who'd like to chat about the game. What's great about it? What amazing scenarios have you managed to dream up? What victories have you managed to secure? Is this game important? Why?

Anyone who's played is invited to respond, and we'll take it from there. I'd really like to hear from the people who are playing--the more passionate, the better!

Thanks,

Kelly

Hey there,

I'm not a Canadian (Washington State) but I've played the game extensively. What I love about it, and all of 80soft's games, is how realistic it is and how much power and control you have. Not only does 80soft create wonderful base scenarios, but users can create their own scenarios for basically any election imaginable. Also, the games are just the right length - they don't take too much time, but they're long enough for you to get really passionate about winning an election. Plus, with every new edition, they just get better and better and the makers of the games (because of this Forum and the relatively small size) get and listen to direct feed back from players on how to make new editions better. In fact, the map used in PM4E - 2006 was made by a member of this forum.

As for elections I've managed to secure, well, thats where the fun begins. Using the default scenario you can pull off some pretty amazing victories, I've managed to get the NDP up to about 90ish seats and a few have even managed a minority government with them. Then, if you want to get some really crazy results, you can modify the game files to fit your needs - like giving the Greens C$1,000,000,000. Green majority with 157 seats!

As for the importance of the game, I think it's a great way to get people more involved in politics. Most "educational" games are boring and repetitive, but not this one. It's certainly increased my interest in many areas of politics, especially Canadian. You see something or read it in the game, and then want to learn more about it in real life.

Hope this helps, good luck.

I play the game at least twice a day. This forum has helped me immensely. I have secured both Liberal Minorities and Majorities. My most recent accomplishment has been securing Conservative Minorities after trying to mimic their actual campaign to date. If Stephen Harper spent the rest of the campaign in Southern ontario and SE Ontario he'd win with 149 seats.

This is addictive, I am a full on lover of this game.

I am addicted as well, and it is very educational for people who do not know much about politics and also for those who get to see the format of a leader's tour. It is the only salvation I have while working on an actual election campaign. I love how extensive the game is, and the fact that you can use the 2006 scenario to make up all kind of crazy races involving party leaders. I enjoyed playing a Manning-Copps-Svend election campaign but the best was the Chretien-Mulroney clash, where Flyin' Brian picked up over 170 seats for me.

Archived