270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mantis

I Finally Pulled It Off!

Finally! I finally won a majority with Harper using the UNMODIFIED 2006 scenario! I managed 161 seats, including 1 in Quebec (Cannon won Pontiac with 31% vs 27% for the Bloc). At the end, where it tells you your rating, I was rated as "Godly".

How did I do it?

Well, I pounded Martin AND Layton with scandal after scandal and ad after add. I released highly damaging scandals on Martin and Layton 3 days before the election. The Greens managed to pick up a couple of seats in BC too - largely, I think due to the Martin/Layton scandals.

Also, Landslide Annie lost her seat by a narrow margin! :lol:

cpcmajority.JPG

The Liberals sent to 3rd place. Ouch. That kind of looks like 1988, except the Bloc has seats that would be Tory. Good job.

The Liberals sent to 3rd place.  Ouch.  That kind of looks like 1988, except the Bloc has seats that would be Tory.  Good job.

Thanks! I enjoyed it! :lol:

I looked at some of the riding by riding results and there were a LOT of really weird vote splits. I actually manged to pickup some Toronto east seats by narrow margins where the Liberals and NDP had basically cancelled each other out.

Now I must beat your total. I find it VERY difficult to win as the Conservatives. I've only ever won 2 majorities. Lots of minorities. Lots of bad losses. :blink:

Now I must beat your total. I find it VERY difficult to win as the Conservatives.  I've only ever won 2 majorities.  Lots of minorities.  Lots of bad losses. :blink:

I can almost always pull off a minority with Harper, and I came really close to a majority a few times before. In fact, the other night, with 2 weeks to go, I was projected to win 168 seats according to the polls but I ended up with a 140 seat minority by election day.

This is the first one in which I managed to win a seat in Quebec. It's the 3rd time that I've knocked off McLellan (which I enjoyed doing!)

I should also add, and MichaelM won't like this, Stronach lost her seat by a very narrow margin! :lol:

harper2006.png

I did it! I won 2 seats in Quebec. I was tied with the Liberals in Toronto East at 8 seats. Jim Pankiw and Bev Desjarlais won their seats, and Andrew Lewis won his seat in BC. Pettigrew, Lapierre and Frulla lost their seats, but Landslide Annie hung on. Stronach lost her seat by 21%. :blink:

Nicely done! :) I re-ran the last week of the campaign myself a few times (I saved it with 1 week left) and I've actually managed to win as many as 3 seats in Quebec (the 3 that we actually have an outside chance of winning). Stronach got smoked like that once for me too. In the one that I posted, the Greens grabbed 2 seats in BC and Desjarlais and Pankiw both won their ridings.