270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark B

The Daily Express - left-wing in PM4E?

Just as a matter of interest, how come The Daily Express is listed as a 'left-wing tabloid' in PM4E? The Daily Express is quite right-wing and competes mainly with the Daily Mail for readers. At best, you could call it centre-right. Was this a mistake or a deliberate attempt to balance out the preponderance of Tory-supporting newspapers in real life? I only noticed because I am working on scenarios and was surprised to find the Daily Express listed as left-wing in the endorsers file.

Guest Christian
Just as a matter of interest, how come The Daily Express is listed as a 'left-wing tabloid' in PM4E? The Daily Express is quite right-wing and competes mainly with the Daily Mail for readers. At best, you could call it centre-right. Was this a mistake or a deliberate attempt to balance out the preponderance of Tory-supporting newspapers in real life? I only noticed because I am working on scenarios and was surprised to find the Daily Express listed as left-wing in the endorsers file.

It did support labour for a while but stabbed it in the back when the shine wore off of tb's smile.

My parents buy the express and i hate it with a passion.

Even at the last election it backed the tories whereas on the game it leans labour.

It did support labour for a while but stabbed it in the back when the shine wore off of tb's smile.

My parents buy the express and i hate it with a passion.

Even at the last election it backed the tories whereas on the game it leans labour.

I know the Express had backed Labour, but that's no excuse for listing them as 'left-wing', the Sun supports Labour as well!

Guest Christian
I know the Express had backed Labour, but that's no excuse for listing them as 'left-wing', the Sun supports Labour as well!

No they are not left wing, but labour is really more centre-left i guess.

It can be excused.

No they are not left wing, but labour is really more centre-left i guess.

It can be excused.

It can be excused sure, especially since 80-soft are American and obviously would not be as familar with British newspapers as we would be, I'm just curious to know whether it's a mistake or deliberate.

It can be excused sure, especially since 80-soft are American and obviously would not be as familar with British newspapers as we would be, I'm just curious to know whether it's a mistake or deliberate.

80-soft's Canadian, actually. ;)

(Just to add, the Express's position in the game is Centre-Left, although as you said in the Details box it does say 'left-wing'.)

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com